Nested Variables in Subversion Plugin URL

leojhartiv

Dec 9, 2011, 1:34:45 PM12/9/11
to Jenkins Users
Is there any way to use nested variables in the URL field of the
subversion plugin?

I'm trying to create a pipeline for my build process. The same steps
will be executed, but against difference subversion branches and/or
data sources.

For most areas I am using the "run script" build step, so I can do
something like this:

eval \$RELEASE_BRANCH_$STACK

Where STACK=03 and RELEASE_BRANCH_03 is the svn URL for the 03 release
branch.

The eval command won't work in that field, however. Is there another
way to evaluate a nested variable?

leojhartiv

Dec 15, 2011, 10:09:44 PM12/15/11
to Jenkins Users
Can someone just confirm if this is not supported? If so, I'll open
an enhancement request.

Thanks!

On Dec 9, 1:34 pm, leojhartiv <leo.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to usenestedvariables in the URL field of thesubversionplugin?

> I'm trying to create a pipeline for my build process. The same steps

> will be executed, but against differencesubversionbranches and/or

jlee

Dec 16, 2011, 9:17:33 PM12/16/11
to Jenkins Users
I cannot confirm, but I do have the same need, except for a different
plugin.

leojhartiv

Jan 3, 2012, 3:29:34 PM1/3/12
to Jenkins Users