email-ext

Slide

Nov 3, 2011, 7:13:21 PM11/3/11
to Jenkins Dev
I am currently using the email-ext plugin that is built from the trunk
of github. Is anyone else running the same version? I'm looking to see
if we can do a release or not and would like some more verification
before doing so.

Thanks,

slide

--
slide-o-blog
http://slide-o-blog.blogspot.com/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Nov 8, 2011, 5:42:43 PM11/8/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Slide
On 11/03/2011 04:13 PM, Slide wrote:
> I am currently using the email-ext plugin that is built from the trunk
> of github. Is anyone else running the same version? I'm looking to see
> if we can do a release or not and would like some more verification
> before doing so.

I didn't see this before I made a release out of email-ext plugin. I
hope I didn't step on your toe.

FWIW, I think getting the releases out is good.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/
Try Nectar, our professional version of Jenkins

Manuel Doninger

Nov 8, 2011, 5:48:02 PM11/8/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

There is one minor thing i wanted to mention: due to the removal of
the $PROJECT_DEFAULT_RECIPIENT token, you have to remove that token in
all of your job configurations, otherwise Jenkins tries to send an
email to the recipient "$PROJECT_DEFAULT_RECIPIENT".
Slide already mentioned that in another email.

Manuel

Slide

Nov 8, 2011, 6:28:31 PM11/8/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Sorry about the noise on this one.

Ann Campbell

Nov 9, 2011, 8:26:04 AM11/9/11
to Jenkins Developers
Manuel said:
> you have to remove that token in
> all of your job configurations, otherwise Jenkins tries to send an
> email to the recipient "$PROJECT_DEFAULT_RECIPIENT".

With what do you replace it?

Manuel Doninger

Nov 9, 2011, 8:55:44 AM11/9/11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Just an empty string (because i don't use the trigger specific
recipient list). I used the following Groovy script:

import hudson.model.AbstractProject
import hudson.model.Descriptor
import hudson.plugins.emailext.ExtendedEmailPublisher
import hudson.plugins.emailext.plugins.EmailTrigger;
import hudson.tasks.Publisher
import hudson.util.DescribableList
import jenkins.model.Jenkins

for (AbstractProject item in Jenkins.instance.items) {
DescribableList<Publisher, Descriptor<Publisher>> publist =
item.getPublishersList()

ExtendedEmailPublisher pub = publist?.get(ExtendedEmailPublisher.class)
println(pub)

List<EmailTrigger> triggers = pub?.getConfiguredTriggers()
for (EmailTrigger trigger in triggers) {
trigger.getEmail().setRecipientList("")
}
item.save()
}