XML/RSS feeds

lesfreeman

Mar 5, 2010, 5:33:16 PM3/5/10
to jekyll.rb
I just started using Jekyll and am loving it! Thanks for this great
project.

Quick question. I'm trying to get an XML feed going, but Jekyll
doesn't seem to process xml files through liquid be default. Is there
an easy way to make this happen?

Thanks!
Les Freeman

Tom Werner

Mar 8, 2010, 2:38:14 PM3/8/10
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:33 PM, lesfreeman <leslief...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question. I'm trying to get an XML feed going, but Jekyll
> doesn't seem to process xml files through liquid be default. Is there
> an easy way to make this happen?

Any file that has a YAML front-matter will be processed through
Liquid. See http://wiki.github.com/mojombo/jekyll/yaml-front-matter
for more information.

Tom

c.saun...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2010, 2:38:47 PM3/8/10
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a RSS maker on my fork of jekyll (http://github.com/csaunders)

Also check out jduff's jekyll site that is up on github. He is generating his RSS using liquid.

Cheers,

CS

Les Freeman

Mar 8, 2010, 2:49:12 PM3/8/10
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
Tom,
Thanks so much for your speed reply! I don't know how I missed that.

Les

Nick Quaranto

Mar 8, 2010, 2:53:42 PM3/8/10
to jeky...@googlegroups.com