Markdown doesn't parse in _includes dir?

studiomohawk

Jan 2, 2011, 9:24:48 PM1/2/11
to jekyll.rb
Hello, I've just joined this group.
I'm pretty new to jekyll and ruby.

Does markdown parse in _includes dir?
In example on https://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/wiki/liquid-extensions
this page, I thought I can use markdown and it parse as I expect, but
seems it's not the case.
I did try .textile but not working either.

Could someone point me how I can do it right?
Thanks.

Luke Bayes

Jan 8, 2011, 8:37:35 PM1/8/11
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
Hey -

As it turns out, Jekyll ignores any directory (or file) that begins
with an underscore.

I forked and added a patch with the addition of an "include"
configuration directive in order to overcome this issue. You can see
the fork here:

https://github.com/lukebayes/jekyll/tree/include

I also associated a pull request with a bug, but can't seem to find
the bug at the moment.

Luke

studiomohawk

Jan 8, 2011, 9:21:47 PM1/8/11
to jekyll.rb
Hello and thanks for the replay.

I'll look into your solution, though I kinda hope if I can do this
with plugins.
I thought I did something wrong not being able to use markdown in
_includes dir.

Thanks again. Hope original Jekyll to fix this problem.