Which Redis version to pass Jedis tests ?

Yaourt

Sep 16, 2011, 9:19:06 AM9/16/11
to Jedis
I would like to build current Jedis master branch but I'm in front off
some issues.
Jedis wiki states that to build Jedis, latest Redis master branch is
required, but I think this is not true anymore ...

The provided redis.conf & redis2.conf are not latest Redis master
compatible :

$ src/redis-server redis.conf

*** FATAL CONFIG FILE ERROR ***
Reading the configuration file, at line 229
>>> 'vm-enabled no'

So, plz, could someone tell me which Redis version must be used if I
want to build current Jedis master branch ?

BTW, SharedJedisPipelineTest are the tests that failed on my side ...

Thanks

--
Tom

Ingvar Bogdahn

Sep 16, 2011, 9:26:26 AM9/16/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
hmm...If you used the config files provided with up-to-date redis
server, make two copies and modify it to use port 6379 and 6380 with
password "foobared"?

Yaourt

Sep 16, 2011, 9:50:21 AM9/16/11
to Jedis
Yep, that's it !

--
Tom

Yaourt

Sep 16, 2011, 10:14:25 AM9/16/11
to Jedis
OK, now I'm back with my old issues ...

SharedJedisPipelineTest is failing :-(

This is because setup() method doesn't do any authentication ....

with the following setup method, the tests are ok ....

@Before
public void setUp() throws Exception {
Jedis jedis = new Jedis(redis1.host, redis1.port);
jedis.auth("foobared");
jedis.flushAll();
jedis.disconnect();
jedis = new Jedis(redis2.host, redis2.port);
jedis.auth("foobared");
jedis.flushAll();
jedis.disconnect();

List<JedisShardInfo> shards = new ArrayList<JedisShardInfo>();
JedisShardInfo si1 = new JedisShardInfo(redis1.host,
redis1.port);
si1.setPassword("foobared");
shards.add(si1);
JedisShardInfo si2 = new JedisShardInfo(redis2.host,
redis2.port);
si2.setPassword("foobared");
shards.add(si2);
this.jedis = new ShardedJedis(shards);
}

Ingvar Bogdahn

Sep 16, 2011, 10:21:19 AM9/16/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
Could you make a pull request please? I'd do it, but my github branch
is still broken.
thanks