ShardedJedisPipeline

Eric Hauser

Jun 2, 2011, 4:03:07 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
I was going to submit a pull request for this, but thought I would check first.  Is the intention to make the ShardedJedisPipeline API work like the new Pipeline API?   I think we can make it work so it is backwords compatible or should we not worry about compatibility in the API for this? The new version of the API is a nice improvement.

Jonathan Leibiusky

Jun 2, 2011, 4:11:26 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Yes, it would be a nice feature to make ShardedJedisPipeline like Pipeline. I think that in order to include it in Jedis 2.x it should be backward compatible. How do you think you can make it backward compatible in a way that in version 3.0.0 we can remove old usage and leave a clean API?

Jonathan

Eric Hauser

Jun 2, 2011, 4:16:22 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
- Remove abstract from class and execute method
- Deprecate execute
- Add the sync commands
- Have the existing commands return Response<T>

Jonathan Leibiusky

Jun 2, 2011, 4:21:59 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
But if you change existing commands to return Response<> you'll be breaking the API, right? Or did I miss something? :)

Eric Hauser

Jun 2, 2011, 4:28:06 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
What's your definition of breaking? It will still compile since they all all return void now.

Jonathan Leibiusky

Jun 2, 2011, 4:34:01 PM6/2/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
oh yeah, you are right. forgot about the fact they are void.
awesome! so it sounds like a good plan! it will be a great addition to a 2.1.0 :)
I need to add some other fixes, so it is a good timing!

let me know if you need help!

f00biebletch

Jun 3, 2011, 6:17:03 PM6/3/11
to Jedis
Is there a plan to implement binary commands on the sharded pipeline?

On Jun 2, 1:34 pm, Jonathan Leibiusky <ionat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh yeah, you are right. forgot about the fact they are void.
> awesome! so it sounds like a good plan! it will be a great addition to a
> 2.1.0 :)
> I need to add some other fixes, so it is a good timing!
>
> let me know if you need help!
>

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Eric Hauser <ewhau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's your definition of breaking? It will still compile since they all
> > all return void now.
>
> > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Jonathan Leibiusky <ionat...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> But if you change existing commands to return Response<> you'll be
> >> breaking the API, right? Or did I miss something? :)

Jonathan Leibiusky

Jun 3, 2011, 7:02:35 PM6/3/11
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
Sure! there is a pull request that will be merged soon and will be part of 2.1.0
So expect it to be available very very soon!