tomcat + eclipse error

Jonas

Feb 21, 2008, 5:52:44 PM2/21/08
to Java Web Application
Hi!

I am trying to run an eclipse project on my tomcat server, but I get
the following error message:

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context}
Setting property 'source' to 'org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:wombat' did
not find a matching property.

I can start the tomcat server alone, with no projects running on it,
without any problems. But as soon as I try to run a project, this
error occurs.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Regards,
Jonas

paresh

Mar 2, 2008, 10:47:43 AM3/2/08
to Java Web Application
create server instance by going to eclipse....
window....preferences.... server....
select there correct tomcat version and tomcat installation
directory....

now... create server view by going to view.... server...
right click in the server blank area and create new server which will
allow you to control tomcat .....e.g. starting / stopping tomcat
etc...
mail me to devansh...@gmail.com for any further help...

Then

Mar 3, 2008, 6:31:59 AM3/3/08
to Java Web Application
r u may use wrong bean name.plz check out.the bean name of first three
to four characters to be small letter.

for ex:
bean names:

action,contExt
provide getter and setter ..

har050277

Mar 4, 2008, 7:42:37 AM3/4/08
to Java Web Application
> I am trying to run an eclipse project on my tomcat server, but I get
> the following error message:
>
> WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context}
> Setting property 'source' to 'org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:wombat' did
> not find a matching property.

I had a quite similar problem, maybe its related
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context}
Setting property 'source' to 'org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:test' did
not find a matching property.

Starting the server with no projects was working though

It worked again after switching back from 6.0.16 to 6.0.14.

swjtu4157

Mar 12, 2008, 3:58:58 PM3/12/08
to Java Web Application
I got same error for Tomcat 6. But, Tomcat 5.5 works fine.

raf...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2008, 9:48:12 AM4/24/08
to Java Web Application
Hi all.
I got the same error, while trying to start my strut+spring app on
tomcat.
It is just warning, so the start of server passes, but the result in
web browser is:
HTTP Status 404 - /WorkFlowApp/index.action

type Status report

message /WorkFlowApp/index.action

description The requested resource (/WorkFlowApp/index.action) is not
available.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe more info is needed?