Implementation of JIT in Firefox Extension

Andreas

Apr 20, 2009, 3:12:03 PM4/20/09
to JavaScript Information Visualization Toolkit
Hi Nico,

just wanted to inform you about the project I have been working on.
It's already public for some weeks, but I didn't had the time for
writing yet, sorry for that.

I used JIT, escpecially the SpaceTree, to visualize any browsing
session of Firefox.
Although, the extension can do a lot more.

You can find the addon in the mozilla's public database:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/11315

More information, and a short introduction is on:
http://dragontalk.opendfki.de/wiki/WebReview

I would really appreciate to her your comments, and I would be glad if
you or anyone else here could leave some review on the mozilla page
there, they are needed for the addon leaving the sandbox.

Thank you!

PS: I'm already looking forward to JIT 1.1

Nico Garcia Belmonte

Apr 21, 2009, 7:50:51 AM4/21/09
to javascript-information...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I liked the project very much, I've been using it today, and despite
some design things that could be better (like the tree display when
there's no sessions history for the current page), I found the
history/sessions form very interesting.
The "top visited" sites page looks very useful, something like the
speed dial or history viewer for Opera, Safari and Chrome.
There's good documentation/help also, which is pretty important for a
project like this.

Thanks for sharing your project,

Nico.

WebReview Extension

Apr 21, 2009, 8:10:20 AM4/21/09
to javascript-information...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nico,

thank you for your comment.
You're are absolutely right, I should not display a graph with a single
node for the current session. I already don't show them for past sessions.
But I will have to explain to the user why there will be no graph shown
for the current session, then. Though it's definitely better than
showing such a "single-node-tree".

Thanks again.
More comments from everyone here are very welcome!

Andreas