JSR-203 File System Implementations

Mark Fortner

Apr 2, 2014, 12:40:06 PM4/2/14
to java...@googlegroups.com
I saw Carl's talk on JSR-203 recently and I was curious if anyone had come across any additional implementation of Java NIO2 File Systems?  I haven't seen a community develop around this.  Five years on I would have thought there would be a CIFS implementation, or NFS implementation, but I haven't seen anything like it.

There's been some talk in the past on the Apache Commons VFS list about creating an adapter to provide developers with additional file system implementations.  As yet though, no one has stepped up to do the work, and there doesn't seem to be any demand from the NIO2 community for new file systems.

Is there a JSR203 implementation community? Are there additional file system implementations; if so, are they cataloged anywhere?

Cheers,

Mark

Kevin Bourrillion

Apr 3, 2014, 2:18:10 PM4/3/14
to java...@googlegroups.com
(Perhaps related, the Guava team has at least released an in-memory (on-heap) file system implementation called jimfs. We hope some of you find it useful.)

Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | Google, Inc. | kev...@google.com