Episode 107 Comments thread

Dick Wall

Mar 11, 2007, 11:39:11 PM3/11/07
to The Java Posse
Please leave comments on the Java Posse Roundup special here.

Thanks

Dick

David Bates

Mar 12, 2007, 8:19:16 AM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
Awwhhh...it's like a 30 minute hug!

:-D

Chris Adamson

Mar 12, 2007, 2:13:44 PM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
On the show notes page, you guys have ack's for all the "schwagg".
Actually, I got a note from Sun the other week about a java.net poll,
saying they'd been told that "schwag" is a drug reference, and that
what I actually meant was "swag". Wikipedia would seem to agree.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwagg>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swag>

So, in case the DEA is watching, it was "swag" being given out. Not
"schwag".

Great job, guys. Let's do it again in 2007.

--Chris

Brian Ehmann

Mar 12, 2007, 2:25:36 PM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
I had to fight back the tears. /sarcasm

Tom Hawtin

Mar 12, 2007, 6:47:04 PM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
On Mar 12, 6:13 pm, "Chris Adamson" <invalidn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the show notes page, you guys have ack's for all the "schwagg".
> Actually, I got a note from Sun the other week about a java.net poll,
> saying they'd been told that "schwag" is a drug reference, and that

I look forward to the Amsterdam Java Posse Roundup.

Derek

Mar 12, 2007, 7:58:07 PM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
Wish I could have been there - sounds like it was fun.

I was a little disappointed with the show notes though, because there
were a number of technologies that lots of people mentioned that
they'd learned about but no links to them. Examples include Scala
(which you've linked to before, fair enough), but also Flex and
another related technology. A couple of links would have been really
cool.

Ta & keep up the good work.

PS I'm not so sure England are going to romp it in during the One Day
Cricket World Cup, despite winning the Tri-Nations in Australia. Mind
you, I'm not sure Australia is going to either. We'll just have to
wait and see, Dick. ;o)

Dick Wall

Mar 12, 2007, 8:54:30 PM3/12/07
to The Java Posse
Don't fret about the links to the various technologies - we have all
of the sessions recorded and these will be going out as podcasts with
shownotes of their own. There will be plenty of links to Scala, Flex,
etc. in the coming weeks. In the meantime, there is always Google ;-)

Cheers (and I can't wait to start putting out the recorded sessions).

Dick

Sean Quinn

Mar 13, 2007, 1:17:57 AM3/13/07
to The Java Posse
Hey all this is Sean, Carls son. Just thought I should tell the story
behind the whole Chris shoutouts to those of you who dont know the
story. He's one of my friends I hang with all the time, and him and my
dad joke around alot about the podcast, mainly because Chris listens
to it before bed to make him fall asleep faster. So that's the story
behind all the Chris stuff, just thought I should enlighten all of you
who didnt know =]