#240 Java needs to get a Pair (and Triple)

hlovatt

Apr 8, 2009, 5:24:51 PM4/8/09
to The Java Posse
Dick posted a blog about Pair and Triple:

http://www.developer.com/java/ejb/article.php/10931_3813031_1

In #240 the Google Collections guys were interviewed and Dick
mentioned his blog. I contributed a tuple library to Google
Collections:

http://code.google.com/p/google-collections/issues/detail?id=43

Unfortunately it was rejected. Anyone have influence with the Google
Collections people?

Casper Bang

Apr 8, 2009, 8:40:11 PM4/8/09
to The Java Posse
As was said in the podcast, wouldn't it be better with proper language
support rather than these hacks that don't really scale anyway? With
(auto)properties and a bit of type-inference we could get anonymous
types, an OO version of tuples.

/Casper

hlovatt

Apr 10, 2009, 7:16:28 AM4/10/09
to The Java Posse
introducing something as an API is much easier than a language change,
also you get chance to see if people really use it.