System.Out via USB not working

John van Drunen

Aug 2, 2010, 8:01:22 AM8/2/10
to Cinterion Java enabled chips support
Hi All,

I have got a TC65i device with a usb port and I would like to use this
usb port to output logging information. So in my application I issue
AT^SCFG=”Userware/Stdout”,”USB” in order to route System.Out to the
usb port. And then I use System.out.println(“logTxt”) to print logging
information.
However it is impossible (or I don’t know how) to setup a connection
with a terminal program to this USB port to view the logging
information.

If there is no java application running then windows discovers the
TC65i device and a virtual com port becomes available. With a terminal
program I can connect to this com port, send AT commands and read the
virtual com port simply disappears. There is nothing to connect to. I
think I miss something very basic because Siemens/Cinterion probably
do not introduce the switch System.out to USB for nothing.

I hope you or someone else has some information about this.
John