The source has been set free

Andy Smith

Mar 13, 2009, 10:17:11 PM3/13/09
to jaikuengi...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, countrymen.

We stand now with our first footstep planted clearly over threshold that separates the free from the not-free: It is is with great joy, a bit of pride, and as much humility, that we are now able to accept JaikuEngine into our collective trust.

The road to this day has been long and hard-fought, only through our generous support has it come to be and only through our continuing support will it have meaning and live on. We owe each other all thanks for these contributions past and future.

The source lives at http://code.google.com/p/jaikuengine and is reported to be eagerly looking forward to hearing from us all. We have received the following letter:

***
Dearest JaikuEngine users, contributors,

Wow! It's great to be free.

I'm really looking forward to accepting your patches and keeping you all up to date on my plans.

If you are really itching to send something in before then, just make a new issue in the issue tracker at http://code.google.com/p/jaikuengine and attach your code.

Working together I'm sure we can come up with some really fun stuff and maybe even do our part to make the world a better place.

I will send more updates soon.

JaikuEngine

***

From here on there is no turning back so let us go boldly forward into the light of this new day.