jabsorb 1.1 released!

Arthur Blake

Sep 21, 2007, 12:29:54 AM9/21/07
to jabsor...@googlegroups.com, JSON-RPC, Kris Zyp, Douglas Crockford
We are pleased to announce the first downloadable release of jabsorb!

The jabsorb 1.1 build is now available for immediate download at http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/downloads/list

jabsorb is a fork of the JSON-RPC-Java library and can be used almost as a drop-in replacement.

A detailed upgrade guide is here:  http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/wiki/UpgradeGuide

The purpose of the jabsorb 1.1 release is to incorporate all the latest features in JSON-RPC-Java since the 1.0 release came out a year and a half ago, as well as add a few nice features that won't rock the stability boat too much.

  * SLF4J logging - makes it easy to integrate into other java frameworks or web applications that may use a different server side logging system.

  * GZIP compression to transparently compress the JsonRpcServlet response-- we are seeing compression results that are easily 1/10th the size for typical JSON responses.  This is useful for small applications that may not be already utilizing a filter or some other means of compressing dynamic responses.  It can easily be turned off if it's not needed for some reason.

  * The JavaScript client code, jsonrpc.js is also now distributed in an extra alternative, "minified" version that was created with the YUI Compressor.  Gzipped versions of jsonrpc.js are also included for web servers that can take advantage of this.

  * More extensive Javadoc and more documentation (Custom Serializers are now documented.)

  * Upgraded to json.org library version 2.0 which has bug fixes and many additional general purpose JSON utilities.

  * Pretty printing of the send and receive JSON in the server log when debug is on (this makes debugging much easier.)

  * Optimized JSON escaping, and added method caching for callable references to improve performance.

  * Asynchronous List Methods call.  The initial constructor for JSONRpcClient that takes place can now take an optional callback function to make the initial list methods json-rpc call asynchronous.

The manual and tutorial for jabsorb can be found on the Wiki at http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/wiki/Manual and http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/wiki/tutorial/

We invite anyone to download this build and try it out and you are also welcome to join the jabsorb-user discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/jabsorb-user

Please let us know if you run into any problems or issues with the library, documentation or feature set.  We also appreciate positive feedback!

Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more information about jabsorb and the upcoming 1.2 jabsorb release, right around the corner, which we are very excited about!

Arthur Blake

Arthur Blake

Sep 21, 2007, 6:14:46 PM9/21/07
to jabsor...@googlegroups.com, Maximiliano Fierro
Hi Maximiliano, is this code that you suggested actually working for you?

I think maybe a piece is missing, because the javaClazz variable that you allocated is not used...

Perhaps it would be better to instead just insure that the class being constructed is an implementation of java.util.List, rather than requiring that it be an AbstractList implementation as the old  current code does?

Don't forget that it needs to be handled in tryUnmarshall as well.

Please join the jabsorb-user group, and we can discuss this further.

On 9/21/07, Maximiliano Fierro <elm...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
Sorry, there is an error in the code that I send before,
this line:
    }else if(javaClazz.isAssignableFrom(List.class)){
must be changed by:
    }else if(List.class.isAssignableFrom (javaClazz)){

regards!
elmasse!®