[izpack-user] java.io.NotSerializableException: com.izforge.izpack.api.data.binding.Action

Dan Tran

Aug 31, 2011, 3:11:53 AM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
I am running into the same issue mentioned

http://groups.google.com/group/izpack-dev/msg/2490c2c0e0a2360f

this is due to <actions> configuration not current working for 5.0 beta8???

Any suggest to get this working is greatly appreciated?

Thanks

-Dan

From the look at the error, my be we should make
c.i.i.api.data.binding.Action serializable??

Dan Tran

Aug 31, 2011, 3:26:39 AM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
forcing c.i.i.api.data.binding.Action serializable solves my issue,
but i running into 'my custom action' not found. It turns out the
<jar> does not work. It does not suck in my jar which has my custom
action on it.

I notice there are previous posts having the same <jar> issue. Do we
have a fix for this yet?

Thanks

-Dan

Julien Ponge

Aug 31, 2011, 11:51:08 AM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hi Dan,

> forcing c.i.i.api.data.binding.Action serializable solves my issue,
> but i running into 'my custom action' not found.  It turns out the
> <jar> does not work. It does not suck in my jar which has my custom
> action on it.

Ah bad, yes. Please make it Serializable.

> I notice there are previous posts having the same <jar> issue.  Do we
> have a fix for this yet?

Nope, so your help will help us leave the beta stage at some point :-)

Cheers

--
Julien Ponge
http://julien.ponge.info/

Dan Tran

Aug 31, 2011, 1:35:51 PM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
I am NOT really familiar with Git yet, so it takes sometime for me to
get on board( shame me ). Could you check to see if I karma with
write access?

-Dan

Julien Ponge

Aug 31, 2011, 1:39:30 PM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
You can push to the repo as you like. You may also fork my GitHub repo if you would like some pull requests / reviews, but really someone like you can push directly. Worst case we can always rollback mistakes, no worries :-)

sateesh vandavasi

Aug 31, 2011, 8:24:32 PM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hi ,

I am learning izpack from a weeks time. By and large I like the features and ease of use.
I need to develop an installer primarily for Redhat OS and need help from experts.

1) I set headingPanel=true .Heading panel is shown in in all screens except treepackpanel screen.
Is this known bug or any workarounds.
2) We want to use our own images for previous,next quit buttons.
how do we set this.
3) I want to log whole installation process. I am getting only uninstall.jar and no log.
How do we set.
4) how to set our company icon instead of default one
5) how do we write validation like validating a directory presence or file.

Thanks in advance.
Sateesh

Dan Tran

Aug 31, 2011, 8:59:32 PM8/31/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
i have my dsa2 pub key installed at codehaus account but not able to
clone izpack source via

git clone ssh://dan...@git.codehaus.org/izpack.git

Could you check to see user 'dantran' have write access to izpack src

-D

PS. Sorry i never commit any thing to any git repo before.

Sergiy Shyrkov

Sep 1, 2011, 4:35:48 AM9/1/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hello Sateesh,

just for confirmation: which version of IzPack are you using - 5.0.0-beta8 or 4.3.4?

Kind regards
Sergiy
Sergiy Shyrkov
Product Development
---------------------------------
Jahia Solutions Group
web: http://www.jahia.com
---------------------------------
Jahia - The Open Source Web Content Integration Software

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.jahia.com/disclaimer

Julien Ponge

Sep 1, 2011, 10:11:22 AM9/1/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hi Dan,

You have all permissions, but you should rather clone from ssh://g...@git.codehaus.org/izpack.git

You SSH key is used by the Git daemon under the 'git' account.

Cheers

sateesh vandavasi

Sep 1, 2011, 11:16:53 AM9/1/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org

Thanks for the reply.
I am using 4.3.4

Sateesh

Sergiy Shyrkov

Sep 2, 2011, 8:45:51 AM9/2/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org, sateesh vandavasi
Hello Sateesh,

I will try to answer some of your questions. Hope this will help.

1) I set headingPanel=true .Heading panel is shown in in all screens except treepackpanel screen.
Is this known bug or any workarounds.
Here you mean perhaps setting <modifier key="useHeadingPanel" value="yes"/> in the <guiprefs/> element, right?
It could be. The TreePacksPanel does not extend the PacksPanelBase class (which is the case for ImgPacksPanel and PacksPanel).
There could be a different reason. I have one suspicion: could you, please, try adding to you custom langpack (identified by resource ID CustomLangpack.xml_eng) the following line:

    <str id="TreePacksPanel.headline" txt="Select Installation Packages"/>

it could be that the missing label is "guilty". And let me know, if this helps, we can supply a patch.

2) We want to use our own images for previous,next quit buttons.
how do we set this.
You are able to provide custom icons almost for all items, used in IzPack UI.
In your install.xml file you need to add:

    <resources>
        <res id="customicons.xml" src="my-icons.xml"/>
        <res id="installer.window.icon" src="images/jahia.png"/>
        <res id="prev.icon" src="images/prev.png"/>
        <res id="next.icon" src="images/next.png"/>
        <res id="quit.icon" src="images/quit.png"/>

and create the my-icons.xml file as follows:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
    <icons>
        <icon res="/res/installer.window.icon" id="JFrameIcon"/>
        <icon res="/res/prev.icon" id="stepback"/>
        <icon res="/res/next.icon" id="stepforward"/>
        <icon res="/res/quit.icon" id="stop"/>
    </icons>

Provide those four custom icons and it should do it.

3) I want to log whole installation process. I am getting only uninstall.jar and no log.
How do we set.
I am not sure, which log you mean here. The log of the IzPack installer itself or the log of your custom actions (if you have any)?
For more verbose installation (mainly for debug purpose) you can run the installer with -DTRACE=TRUE (see http://izpack.org/documentation/advanced-features.html )

4) how to set our company icon instead of default one
See my answer for your point 2)

5) how do we write validation like validating a directory presence or file.
For this one, could you provide more info, please?

Kind regards
Sergiy

Sergiy Shyrkov
Product Development
---------------------------------
Jahia Solutions Group
web: http://www.jahia.com
---------------------------------
Jahia - The Open Source Web Content Integration Software

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.jahia.com/disclaimer

sateesh vandavasi

Sep 2, 2011, 12:53:40 PM9/2/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hi Sergiy Shyrkov,

Thanks for your replies. They are very helpful.

I tried your instructions and 2 and 4 are good and working as explained

1) for some reason, your workaround did not work.
I attached my project files ( I derived this project using sample project (simple)

3) Log: I want to see installer.log and for debugging purpose.  I am unable to follow doc ( Logging the Installation section).
Primarily, I want to get user supplied values and pack selection and custom command output in the log.
5) Validation: Let us user selected some base dir ( /usr/xyz), then my validation logic should run   /usr/xyz/bin/myversion  and parse the version info. Making sure it has the correct version

New issue: I can not see  treepanel screen in console mode ( any equivalent).(At least warning saying that you can not select/deselect packs ).

I attached my project files ( installer.xml, customicons.xml etc).

Thanks,
Sateesh
izpack-inst.zip