[izpack-user] How to customize Target Panel ( 4.3.x )

Dan Tran

Sep 9, 2011, 12:40:00 AM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Hello,

I have read TargetPanel doc and still looking for example for my
usecase where I want TargetPanel to default its directory to this
format:

\program_files\mycomp\myapp

Currently its has the default value as \program files\myapp

Any suggestion?

Thanks

-D

Sergiy Shyrkov

Sep 9, 2011, 6:02:17 AM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org, Dan Tran
Hello Dan,

I have contributed an improvement to the TargetPanel and the changes
were already merged into 4.3 branch on github.com by Julien
(https://github.com/jponge/izpack/commit/d4c06243548c0ae4172d15eb1c3813e9919ae13e
).
Here is an example of how we setup the default values for different OS
in our install.xml file and also "force" the path to do not contain
spaces (on Windows the path with spaces can lead to strange application
behaviour sometime):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<installation version="1.0">
<variables>
<variable name="TargetPanel.noWhitespaces" value="true"/>

<variable name="TargetPanel.dir.mac"
value="$APPLICATIONS_DEFAULT_ROOT/Jahia_xCM_v${project.version}"/>
<variable name="TargetPanel.dir.macosx"
value="$APPLICATIONS_DEFAULT_ROOT/Jahia_xCM_v${project.version}"/>
<variable name="TargetPanel.dir.unix"
value="/usr/local/Jahia_xCM_v${project.version}"/>
<variable name="TargetPanel.dir.windows"
value="C:\Jahia_xCM_v${project.version}"/>

Kind regards
Sergiy

Sergiy Shyrkov
Product Development
---------------------------------
Jahia Solutions Group
web: http://www.jahia.com
---------------------------------
Jahia - The Open Source Web Content Integration Software

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.jahia.com/disclaimer

Julien Ponge

Sep 9, 2011, 6:10:46 AM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org, Dan Tran
BTW Dan, I will need you again to deploy the 4.3 branch plugin once we
release Sergiy's work.

--
Julien Ponge
http://julien.ponge.info/

Sergiy Shyrkov

Sep 9, 2011, 3:24:42 PM9/9/11
to Dan Tran, us...@izpack.codehaus.org
Dan, are you using the latest snapshot of the 4.3 IzPack branch? The
changes are not present in the released 4.3.4 version.

Sergiy Shyrkov
Product Development
---------------------------------
Jahia Solutions Group
web: http://www.jahia.com
---------------------------------

On 09.09.2011 15:38, Dan Tran wrote:
> My app can handle install path with spaces. However, from your
> example, I set mine as
>
> <variable name="TargetPanel.dir.windows"
> value="${ENV[ProgramFiles]}\MyComp\My App"/>
>
> IZpack just seems to ignore this variable, and use its own default's value.
>
> very strange. Any suggestion is very appreciated.
>
> -Dan

Torsten Stolpmann

Sep 9, 2011, 3:35:46 PM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
are the development snapshots available from any maven repository? I am
very interested in picking up the console related fixes as well.

Thanks,

Torsten

Dan Tran

Sep 9, 2011, 5:43:08 PM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
not there yet, let me get Codehaus bamboo CI to deploy 4.3.5-SNAPSHOT

-Dan

Btw, 5.0.0-beta-snapshot is available at this moment

Dan Tran

Sep 9, 2011, 11:45:29 PM9/9/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
latest 4.3.5-SNAPSHOT is now at codehaus snapshot repo (
https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots)

enjoy testing

-Dan

Dan Tran

Sep 10, 2011, 12:01:53 AM9/10/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
it works with latest 4.3.5-SNAPSHOT. Thanks

-Dan

Dan Tran

Sep 10, 2011, 12:22:48 AM9/10/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org
bad news, the target panel works as advertised by Sergiy, but my
installer gets a NPE at end of install panel where it tries to create
uninstall.jar which left as corrupted

-D

Sergiy Shyrkov

Sep 12, 2011, 3:49:38 AM9/12/11
to us...@izpack.codehaus.org, Dan Tran
Dan,

could you provide the stacktrace of that exception, please? We have a
chance to fix it or an least file a new JIRA ticket for the future.

Kind regards
Sergiy

Sergiy Shyrkov
Product Development
---------------------------------
Jahia Solutions Group
web: http://www.jahia.com
Jahia - The Open Source Web Content Integration Software

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.jahia.com/disclaimer

Dan Tran

Sep 12, 2011, 11:51:08 AM9/12/11
to Sergiy Shyrkov, us...@izpack.codehaus.org
reproducable with example provided my izpack-maven-plugin

https://svn.codehaus.org/izpack-svn/izpack-maven/trunk/izpack-maven-plugin/src/it/sample

-Dan

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Sergiy Shyrkov