Fw: Rasaprema Dasa who's the captain of your ship?

Joseph Langevin

Aug 27, 2010, 7:34:45 PM8/27/10
to istag...@googlegroups.com, Pratyatosa Dasa ACBSP
Four your site

--- On Fri, 8/27/10, charles dowson <has...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: charles dowson <has...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Rasaprema Dasa who's the captain of your ship?
To: "Prabhupada Nuga" <in...@prabhupadanugas.eu>
Date: Friday, August 27, 2010, 7:30 AM

Rasaprema Prabhu would have anyone believe that he has the complete and final perspective on what is real Diksa initiation.
Correct me if I am wrong prabhu but I believe you are one who does not believe that Diksa from Srila Prabhupada is possible for anyone from this point on in history. If so then who do you direct those interested in Diksa too? You are the expert in your own mind at least so tells us what you tell those to whom you are introducing this philosophy as to how to find a bona fide guru and who do you direct them to?

For many many years now there are those who tell the world that Srila Prabhupada can no longer give Diksa initiation yet they do not
name someone who can. They also say that Srila Prabhupada is now only acting as a siksa guru. How if Srila Prabhupada is non different from his books and instructions etc. is it that he is limited to siksa and has lost his position as diksa because he left his body? Who decided on what sastric logic and precedent that a bona fide guru Maha Bhagavat goes from Diksa guru to simple siksa guru once he leaves his body?. If he is non different as siksa then he is non different as diksa.

So what you tell complete neophytes? When Srila Prabhupada was in his vapu we informed everyone we knew that Srila Prabhupada was the one who could liberate them eternally. Then we gradually let them learn how to tell if one was a real bona fide Diksa guru by letting them read Srila Prabhupadas books to decide for themselves just as Srila Prabhupada allowed us to decide for our selves.

Are you letting those to whom you contact decide for themselves or are you deciding for them? If the world cannot connect to Srila Prabhupada by proper Diksa ceremony or simply by complete surrender as their siksa only then are you saying that contact directly with the pure devotee other wise is of no value or very little? If of no value or very little what other connection with what other person is? Your responses are simply aimed at trying to defeat another instead of trying to inform. Hare Krsna web sites are like open temples for all of the world not just for "devotees" so your articles should be to inform "all" not a select few. The Sampraday Acharyas and their followers spoke to all peoples.

Rasaprema Prabhu we ask again: WHOM DO YOU SERVE? Do you serve Srila Prabhupada as his disciple or do you serve him via who you perceive as a bona fide diksa guru Maha Bhagavat and how did you reach that conclusion? So that others may know tell us how.
What literature did you consult, who wrote it and how did you test your guru, did your guru accept you? You like to portray yourself as knowledgeable in regards to finding a and bona fide guru and the importance of the Diksa regarding a "living guru" it seems. The world is asking: How can they gain the association of the same bona fide guru? Who is he? Who is the captain of your ship?

TEXT 22  SB1.1.22

We think that we have met Your Goodness by the will of providence, just so that we may accept you as captain of the ship for those who desire to cross the difficult ocean of Kali, which deteriorates all the good qualities of a human being.

Purport excerpt by Srila Prabhupada:

The whole system of education is geared to sense gratification, and if a learned man thinks it over, he sees that the children of this age are being intentionally sent to the slaughterhouses of so-called education. Learned men, therefore, must be cautious of this age, and if they at all want to cross over the dangerous ocean of Kali, they must follow the footsteps of the sages of Naimiṣāraṇya and accept Śrī Sūta Gosvāmī or his bona fide representative as the captain of the ship. The ship is the message of Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa in the shape of Bhagavad-gītā or the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam.

Hasti Gopala Dasa