X11 does not (quite) work

epics

Jul 12, 2010, 7:14:28 PM7/12/10
to iSSH/iX11
I can successfully login from an xterm on my iMac (10.6.3) to a
remote Linux host (Redhat Enterprise 5) using 'ssh -Y me@host' and
then run xclock, xeyes, etc. And 'X11Forwarding yes' is definitely
set in the remote hosts /etc/sshd_config file.

I can also successfully login from my iPod Touch to the same host
using iSSH. However, bringing up xclock gives:
Xlib: connection to "localhost:22.0" refused by server
Xlib: no protocol specified
Error: Can't open display: localhost:22.0

Logging into the remote host from an xterm on my iMac using 'ssh
me@host' (ie, leave out '-Y') and then runing xclock gives:
Error: Can't open display: localhost:22.0

Can you help here? Is there a way to configure the '-Y' option in
iSSH? Thanks.

Steve

Dean

Jul 13, 2010, 4:39:09 AM7/13/10
to iSSH/iX11
Several people have now requested this. As I'm focusing on X11/VNC
for the next release, I'll make sure this option is available!
Shouldn't be too long before the next release!

Dean

Sean

Aug 27, 2010, 2:18:23 PM8/27/10
to iSSH/iX11
Should this be working in the current release? I still see the same
behavior on my iPad.

Thanks,
Sean

Dean

Aug 27, 2010, 4:57:59 PM8/27/10
to iSSH/iX11
You can try switching "Only Tunneled Conn" to "OFF" under General
Settings.

Dean