older version for 2.2.1 users?

1 view

Faried Nawaz

Sep 30, 2009, 1:30:40 PM9/30/09
to iSSH/iX11
Hello,

I'm in a situation where several applications I've bought (or
downloaded for free) were wiped from my iPod because new updates
showed up that require OS 3.0 or higher. Unfortunately OS 3.1.1 isn't
available on my App Store (neither was 3.0); I'm stuck at 2.2.1. I
posted about this here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2179975&tstart=0

I sent mail to iTunes support, and received this in response:

--- cut here ---
I understand you are having an issue with not being able to use your
app once you have updated it. I'm sure you're looking forward to
having this taken care of, I can definitely help you with this.

I am sorry but sadly there is nothing I am able to do for you in this
issue. All I know is that Apple is currently trying to get the
software approved in your country and unfortunately we don't have any
dates on when that will be done.

Now if you still want to use your app "iSSH - SSH / VNC Console" I
recommend you contact Zinger-Soft directly and inform then that you
need an older version of this software compatible with the 2.2.1
software for your iPod Touch. Please visit:

http://groups.google.com/group/issh

I want to thank you for taking the time to read this email and do
remember that if there is any issues or concerns, please shoot me an
email and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
--- cut here ---

There's something quite odd with saying "I can definitely help you
with this" followed immediately with "I am sorry but there is nothing
I am able to do for you in this issue."

I seriously doubt that their advice will help me with get all my apps,
but I figure I'd ask anyway: is it possible for me to get your last
2.2.1 build of iSSH somehow? I can mail you my iTunes order number
from my purchase last year, if that helps you track it down.

Thanks,

Faried.

Dean

Sep 30, 2009, 3:26:11 PM9/30/09
to iSSH/iX11
I'm on the road going cross-country presently but as soon as I get to
my stop I'll build a 2.2.1 ad hoc for you. In the meantime please
send me your UDID ( how to here: http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid
) privately.

Dean

Faried Nawaz

Oct 1, 2009, 9:36:09 AM10/1/09
to iSSH/iX11
On Oct 1, 1:26 am, Dean <canada...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on the road going cross-country presently but as soon as I get to
> my stop I'll build a 2.2.1 ad hoc for you.  In the meantime please
> send me your UDID ( how to here:http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-...
> ) privately.

Thanks! I'll get back to you with that on Friday or this weekend.

It's a really bizarre situation. I can't be the only one affected by
this; I've read forum posts that many App Stores in Asia don't have OS
3.x updates for iPod Touch devices. I'm grateful that you'll send me
a build, but I have no expectations that Facebook or any of the other
larger companies out there will help me out.

Faried.