iUI theme for Android?

Kelvin Wu

Nov 17, 2009, 9:19:00 AM11/17/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
The iUI-based Web Apps basically work very well on Android phone since they are all WebKit engine, a slight HTML5/CSS rendering difference but not a big deal. But it looks a bit weird when showing iPhone style web pages on Android phone. Did anyone try to make Android-style theme based on iUI framework?

--

Sent from my mobile device. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.

Rémi Grumeau

Nov 17, 2009, 7:09:41 PM11/17/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Was planning to make one but i was waiting iUI 0.40 to be released as
a stable release to do so. For both Android and WebOS.
Should be a funny task btw :)

Le 17 nov. 09 à 15:19, Kelvin Wu a écrit :
> --

> .

Maximilian Melcher

Nov 18, 2009, 1:58:42 AM11/18/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kelvin,

Havent heard of it yet - but surely would be great to have one :)

Cheers
Max

Remi Grumeau

Nov 18, 2009, 2:31:16 PM11/18/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Someone working on it ?
I've collected a bunch of screenshots here and there ... if one of you
want to start something
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HF23HFWU

Remi

Chris Collett

Nov 18, 2009, 3:28:26 PM11/18/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Filename: android-screenshots.zip
File description: Bunch of screenshots of Android
File size: 2.53 MB

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

Rémi Grumeau

Nov 19, 2009, 4:40:43 AM11/19/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
humm ... it's working here.
Still unavailable ?

Chris Collett

Nov 19, 2009, 8:37:08 AM11/19/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
works now, might have been my noscript mucking things up.

Chris Collett

Nov 19, 2009, 8:39:51 AM11/19/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
My wife just got the new Motorola Droid and I must say it's impressive. I think the author's of all these frameworks would be doing themselves a favor if they had an Android specific version.

Just my 2 cents.

Remi Grumeau

Nov 19, 2009, 9:32:01 AM11/19/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the best Xmas gift the community can give to iUI developer is
a theme compilation with an auto-switcher based on user_agent :)
(Android, Palm Pre, Samsung Bada, Nokia Maemo, ...)

My 0,02$

Remi

John Molohan

Nov 19, 2009, 2:57:33 PM11/19/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I'd certainly love to see this.

John

Chris Collett

Nov 23, 2009, 9:54:20 AM11/23/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com

Sean Gilligan

Nov 23, 2009, 10:08:09 AM11/23/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
John Molohan wrote:
> I'd certainly love to see this.

So would I. Don't wait for iUI 0.40 to be final. Start now,
contribute the code and I'll make sure that any changes to iUI 0.40
either don't break the Android theme or modify the Android theme to keep
it in sync.

-- Sean

Remi Grumeau

Nov 23, 2009, 11:28:38 AM11/23/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
In order to limit any work done twice or more, it could be nice to get
agree on who's working on what.
Is someone is already working / has planned to work on the a theme ?

I was going to start the android one at the end of the week but if
someone wants to take it, i can work on the PalmOS's.

Remi

Lance Dyas

Dec 1, 2009, 11:18:15 PM12/1/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I just got the Motorola Droid and yup impressive as hell... we
definitely need to account for it.