Changes to CSS rendering?

Jim Coates

Sep 27, 2007, 3:40:01 PM9/27/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I just upgraded to the 1.1.1 software for my iPhone and loaded a site I've designed for the iPhone...  I noticed right away that apparently they've changed something about how it handles CSS widths etc, as a tool bar one the page now is wider and taller than it used to be (causing other things to break on the page).

Any one else having issues such as this?

It appears as if the box-sizing is no longer working.

Thanks,
Jim

J Coates

Sep 27, 2007, 4:10:23 PM9/27/07
to iPhoneWebDev
I figured it out...

It looks like Apple is no longer supporting "box-sizing:". They are
instead support "-webkit-box-sizing:".

Jim

Randy Walker

Sep 27, 2007, 4:22:00 PM9/27/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I havn't noticed any width changes to the page rendering of my site.

I did get a debug console "tip" of:
"Viewport width or height set to physical Device width.  Try using "device-width" constant instead fo..."
And then it just ends with the ellipses?!?  There isn't a way to see the whole message!

Much appreciation though for Html, javascript, CSS debug and "tip" info!  Will help a lot...if I can somehow read entire messages.
-=Randy

Thrakazog

Sep 27, 2007, 4:28:48 PM9/27/07
to iPhoneWebDev
> I havn't noticed any width changes to the page rendering of my site.

Boy, I sure did.

> And then it just ends with the ellipses?!? There isn't a way to see
> the whole message!

Try landscape. Worked for me.

~Cevin

Thrakazog

Sep 27, 2007, 5:18:12 PM9/27/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Also, it looks like text-overflow: ellipsis is broken.

~Cevin

Thrakazog

Sep 27, 2007, 6:19:34 PM9/27/07
to iPhoneWebDev
> Also, it looks like text-overflow: ellipsis is broken.

Nevermind! Forgot to update a secondary css file....

~Cevin

Randy Walker

Sep 27, 2007, 7:25:04 PM9/27/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Ok, landscape. Thanks! Hmmm... What about when it's too much for
landscape? Needs to autoexpand or be clickable to slide over to the
details of the item.

-=Randy

FishNYC

Oct 3, 2007, 5:06:15 PM10/3/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Hey. i'm seeing the same problem. I was using Joe's iui and after
updating I'm seeing weird widths in my form panel and weird heights in
my toolbar. It thought it was me and spent the day debugging, but now
I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Fish

On Sep 27, 4:22 pm, Randy Walker <cleverda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I havn't noticed any width changes to the page rendering of my site.
>
> I did get a debug console "tip" of:
> "Viewport width or height set to physical Device width. Try using
> "device-width" constant instead fo..."
> And then it just ends with the ellipses?!? There isn't a way to see
> the whole message!
>
> Much appreciation though for Html, javascript, CSS debug and "tip"
> info! Will help a lot...if I can somehow read entire messages.
> -=Randy
>

> On Sep 27, 2007, at 12:40 PM, "Jim Coates" <jayco...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hey all,

Jim Coates

Oct 3, 2007, 7:37:58 PM10/3/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Fish,

I posted a fix for this several days back :)

The "box-sizing" attribute in the CSS file no longer works with Safari for
iPhone.
You need to change it to (or add) "-webkit-box-sizing" anywhere "box-sizing"
is used.

HTH,
Jim

Dave Fischetti

Oct 3, 2007, 7:43:18 PM10/3/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim. For some reason I wasn't seeing all the posts when I
viewed the question posted. After I posted my comment. the page
refreshed and showed all of them and your fix. Thanks a lot. that
worked great!