Mimic iPhone delete sequence?

stinkin...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2007, 12:28:09 AM9/8/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Has anyone figured out how to mimick the delete sequence apple uses in
their apps?

The rotation of the red circle w/white line image is the part that is
killing me. I've made the icon, but I can't seem to figure out any
javascript to rotate it when you click on it. Does anyone have this
functionality working?

Randy Walker

Sep 8, 2007, 12:02:13 PM9/8/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I simply replace the horizontal red dot with a vertical one. Same end
result, no actual rotation animation.

-=Randy

On Sep 7, 2007, at 9:28 PM, "bjc...@scidept.com" <stinkin...@gmail.com

Ishan Anand

Sep 8, 2007, 1:40:36 PM9/8/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I haven't implemented this but some ideas to try out:

(1) An animated gif of the rotating icon.

(2) Drawing the icon in HTML canvas and then rotating it. This is how the native clock on the iPhone rotates the hands on its face. ( http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/SafariJSProgTopics/Tasks/Canvas.html )

Best,
Ishan

Chuck Hudson

Sep 8, 2007, 11:16:28 AM9/8/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I have not tried but have you tried replacing the icon on the click event
with a animated gif of the rotated icon?

sci...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2007, 4:07:53 AM9/9/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Thanks for you suggestions, all great options.
I was going to go the canvas route, but I can't seem to make it work
the way I want.
So I'm going the animated gif route and that seems to work.
Anyone have a REALLY good version of the red circle with a white line
graphic or a "webkit"able red Button (for the delete button)?

Thanks,
BJ Clark
sci...@gmail.com

On Sep 8, 9:16 am, "Chuck Hudson" <cahud...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have not tried but have you tried replacing the icon on the click event
> with a animated gif of the rotated icon?

Randy Walker

Sep 9, 2007, 2:15:52 PM9/9/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Modmyiphone.com has all the extracted graphics from the iPhone for
download.

-=Randy

On Sep 9, 2007, at 1:07 AM, "sci...@gmail.com" <sci...@gmail.com>

James Craig

Sep 9, 2007, 6:05:24 PM9/9/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
bjc...@scidept.com wrote:

The most browser-consistent version would be to use a non-animated
GIF, set up with all the stages of the animation as sprites. See:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites

Then animate the background-position using a JavaScript interval or
series of timeouts.

Cheers,
James

Todd Daniell

Sep 9, 2007, 7:12:04 PM9/9/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have it working using the canvas tag and two png alpha images: one
for the base image and one for the shadow. Basically, Clear the Image,
DrawImage of the background, Translate the rotation of the button image, and
Draw the button image. In my implementation, I also change the Cascading
style sheet size of the delete button and use 4 steps at 100ms increments.
Hope this helps...

Todd Daniell