iPhone Development Case Study

1 view

Schalk Neethling

Aug 20, 2008, 5:42:13 AM8/20/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

We just released a case study on the web builder zone regarding the
process of redesigning DZone.com for the iPhone. We used iUI as our base
toolkit.

Hope you find it interesting and useful:
http://css.dzone.com/articles/how-we-did-it-dzone-iphone

Regards,
Schalk

Donald

Aug 21, 2008, 8:54:45 AM8/21/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Hi, Schalk,

Thanks a lot for sharing that very useful experience!

I just tried dzone.com on my iPod touch and found the animation of
"Back to Links"(currently from right to left) not comfortable and
against my expectation (from left to right).

Zhijun

Schalk Neethling

Aug 21, 2008, 10:46:11 AM8/21/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Zhijun,

It is very interesting that the animation is happening right to left. Is
the default for the iPhone apps left to right as you mentioned?

Regards,
Schalk

Donald

Aug 22, 2008, 12:00:43 PM8/22/08
to iPhoneWebDev
Let me make myself clear:

When I go to dzone.com I see a list.
When I tap a row in the list the detail page slides from right to left
(good!).

If I tap the system "back" icon (the white triangle at the left end of
bottom bar), the list page slides from left to right (also good!).
However if I tap the "Back to Links" blue link on the detail page
trying to go back to the list page, the list page slides from right to
left (bad).

You won't miss it if you try on an iPod touch, or an iPhone (I think
should be same).

Zhijun

On Aug 21, 10:46 pm, Schalk Neethling <volume4.sch...@gmail.com>

Schalk Neethling

Aug 22, 2008, 3:19:01 PM8/22/08
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the clarification Zhijun, we will fix that.