iPhone Windows ringtone maker?

Jake

Jul 23, 2007, 2:48:38 PM7/23/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried this? a ringtone maker that only runs on windows???

http://www.efksoft.com/products/iphoneringtonemaker/index.htm

I'm kinda suspicious .

Mitchell Waite

Jul 23, 2007, 5:36:42 PM7/23/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Check the YouTube demo on his blog, looks real to me, but I find it hard to
believe as well.

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_weblog/efiko_software/index.html

Mitch

Randy Walker

Jul 23, 2007, 5:41:19 PM7/23/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I have read on that iPhone hacker wiki that they figured out how to get into
the file system and where the current ringtones are stored. It doesn't
sound too far fetched that someone has been able to place their own audio
files in that same folder.
-=Randy

Stuart Carnie

Jul 23, 2007, 5:56:38 PM7/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
It's definitely possible to put custom ring tones on the iPhone.

Using OS X: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_ringtone_installation.html
Using Windows: http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/custom-ringtones--sounds-on-your-iphone-using-windows

It wouldn't surprise me if efksoft have just put a nice interface
around all the work by those hackers.

Cheers,

Stu

Randle

Has anyone tried this? a ringtone maker that only runs on windows???

http://www.efksoft.com/products/iphoneringtonemaker/index.htm

I'm kinda suspicious .

http://sims.yahoo.com/

Randy Walker

Jul 23, 2007, 9:11:15 PM7/23/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Great news Randle!
-=Randy

RyanA

Jul 23, 2007, 9:43:58 PM7/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Ok.. I just downloaded the demo and it frigg'n works. How the hell
did they do that? If you really want or needs custom rings tones, the
$10 charges beats all the steps you would have to follow using the
hacks. They know something and they ain't sharing.

-=Ryan

RyanA

Jul 23, 2007, 10:03:43 PM7/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
They are doing A LOT less than all the step needed to be done using
the hacks... the hack wants you to RESTORE your iPhone and unplug
during the restore... this software does not do any of that.

On Jul 23, 5:56 pm, Stuart Carnie <stuart.car...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's definitely possible to put custom ring tones on the iPhone.
>
> Using OS X:http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_ringtone_installation.html

> Using Windows:http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/custom-ringtones--sounds-on-your-ipho...

> It wouldn't surprise me if efksoft have just put a nice interface
> around all the work by those hackers.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stu
>
> On Jul 23, 2:41 pm, Randy Walker <cleverda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have read on that iPhone hacker wiki that they figured out how to get into
> > the file system and where the current ringtones are stored. It doesn't
> > sound too far fetched that someone has been able to place their own audio
> > files in that same folder.
> > -=Randy
>
> > On 7/23/07 2:36 PM, "Mitchell Waite" <mi...@mitchwaite.com> wrote:
>
> > > Check the YouTube demo on his blog, looks real to me, but I find it hard to
> > > believe as well.
>
> > >http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_weblog/efiko_software/index.html
>
> > > Mitch

Mitchell Waite

Jul 24, 2007, 12:30:19 PM7/24/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Actually the guy is cool if you check his blog. He is a developer and
there's an audio interview with him. Im buying it today - 9.95 is a great
price and my biggest issue is I cant hear it ring when its in my bag.

Stuart Carnie

Jul 24, 2007, 12:50:28 PM7/24/07
to iPhoneWebDev
They ask you to do the restore to trigger the download of the the
firmware.

This developer *may* have already downloaded the firmware and embedded
as a resource, to save you doing this step.

Cheers,

Stu

RyanA

Jul 24, 2007, 3:10:22 PM7/24/07
to iPhoneWebDev
I purchased a copy of the iPhoneRingToneMaker and it did not ask me to
restore my iphone. I made a ring tone, and click a button to send it
to my iPhone. then I powered it down, then back on and the ring tone
shows up and work. pretty cool.

Has anyone else messed with talking to a USB device? The Windows DDK
or WDK are not much help. Any ideas?

-=Ryan

Mitchell Waite

Jul 24, 2007, 3:25:24 PM7/24/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
It's a really great product. You can actually pick out the start and end
from a MP3 and preview it, then it cuts and uploads.
And only 9.95. But wait there's more... Three free ringtones can be added,
plus it added about 10 of its own, many very good.

Jul 24, 2007, 10:27:21 PM7/24/07
to iPhoneWebDev
i tried it it worked too easy and perfect ive got 7 new ringtones from
my mp3's in my iphone its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakeL

Jul 25, 2007, 1:38:58 AM7/25/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Have any mac users tried this using parallels?

>From the site:
::
"I have my iPhone syncing with my mac. I can run itunes on a pc. Can I
use your program to get ringtones to my phone? how do i do it?

Once you have installed iTunes on the pc, install iPhoneRingToneMaker.
Then connect your iPhone to the pc. Check to see if iTunes recognizes
your iPhone. Then create the ringtone in iPhoneRingToneMaker and send
it to your iPhone. If you have an intel mac, you can also use
Parallels or Bootcamp"
::

Is this suggesting that I have to copy all my setting to the VM or can
I still use my Mac for syncing and the VM for ringtones only???

Christopher Allen

Jul 25, 2007, 2:02:29 AM7/25/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
On 7/24/07, JakeL <refresh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have any mac users tried this using parallels?

There is a free Mac tool called iFuntastic that does the same thing:

http://www.modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.php/IFuntastic_easy_iPhone_ringtone_installation

-- Christopher Allen

Jake

Jul 25, 2007, 2:28:37 AM7/25/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
arggh! it only works on intel macs!

azek01

Jul 25, 2007, 5:49:08 PM7/25/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Here's a hypothetical question. After adding these ringtones, can you
reset back to factory conditions using the restore option in iTunes?

John P

Jul 25, 2007, 5:50:03 PM7/25/07
to iPhoneWebDev
All I can say is... "Wow..."

This program works like a charm. I was skeptical by tried the demo...
created a ringtone from MP3 within minutes (would have been seconds,
but I was really picky about choosing a very precise start/stop
position for the clip).

Definitely worth the $10 (which I just paid without hesitation)

Erica Sadun

Jul 25, 2007, 5:51:43 PM7/25/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

I've done so a LOT.

-- Erica, who has restored at least a dozen times

azek01

Jul 25, 2007, 6:14:39 PM7/25/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Will it erase the ringtones though?

Erica Sadun

Jul 25, 2007, 6:17:30 PM7/25/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

-- Erica
p.s. But it's easy peasy to put 'em back

unowen

Jul 26, 2007, 9:23:06 AM7/26/07
to iPhoneWebDev
So to confirm, the Windows Ringtone maker does NOT require a restore
of the phone and appears to simply copy the file to the proper
location on the phone?

Why can't someone come up with this for the Mac? :(

RyanA

Jul 26, 2007, 10:01:08 AM7/26/07
to iPhoneWebDev
Chris,

I have to disagree... iFuntastic is a wrapper aropund the #iPhone
hack, where as iPhoneRingToneMaker just does it thing... sends the
file over and no resetting or putting your iPhone into recovery mode.
So apparently there is a way to write files to the iPhone without
having to go thru all the unlock hacks.

They must have someone on the inside. ;o)

-=Ryan