XCode 4 Instruments

fox2319

Mar 24, 2011, 6:06:32 PM3/24/11
to iPhone Application Development Auditors
Just wondering if anyone has a quick guide on how to get the
instruments working in XCode 4 to look for leaks?

I know I'm behind but I'm planning on getting through Assignment 2
over the weekend.

Andy Engle

Mar 24, 2011, 6:40:16 PM3/24/11
to iphone-appd...@googlegroups.com
I don't think this is necessarily for Xcode4, but it might work for what you need:

Ray Wenderlich (the author) runs a great site with many helpful tutorials.

Andy

Jeremy Brooks

Mar 24, 2011, 6:42:03 PM3/24/11
to iphone-appd...@googlegroups.com
Click and hold on the Run button, then select "Profile" (or Product -> Profile, or command-I). That will give you the Instruments tool. Select Leaks from there, and click Profile.

Mark Beaty

Mar 24, 2011, 6:47:31 PM3/24/11
to iphone-appd...@googlegroups.com
Agree, Ray writes some good tutorials. One of the top 10 iOS blogs I follow.