ODBC - How to get schema info for foreign and/or primary keys

John DeLouire

Feb 14, 2007, 4:28:30 AM2/14/07
to intersystems...@info2.kinich.com
Hello,

Using the Intersystems ODBC driver, I would to get more information
about all the foreign- and/or primary keys inside a "NameSpace".

Using Ado.Net ODBCConnection.GetSchema("Tables"), I'm able to get
information about tables, and I've also got access to the Columns and
Indexes schema information.

But when I execute GetSchema("ForeignKeys"), I get the exception:

- The requested collection (ForeignKeys) is not defined.

Is there a workaround for this? Should I do this in another way?

Regards,

John

Denver

Feb 14, 2007, 11:50:53 AM2/14/07
John DeLouire wrote:
> Using the Intersystems ODBC driver, I would to get more information
> about all the foreign- and/or primary keys inside a namespace.

> Using Ado.Net ODBCConnection.GetSchema("Tables"), I'm able to get
> information about tables, and I've also got access to the Columns and
> Indexes schema information.

What more do you need?

> Is there a workaround for this?

What information are you missing?

> Should I do this in another way?

Yes.

John DeLouire

Feb 15, 2007, 3:28:26 AM2/15/07
to intersystems...@info2.kinich.com
Hi Denver,

I need foreign key / primary key information, that's not defined in the
collections i _can_ query.

Regards,

John