Subversion Client

Andrew Raastad

Jun 8, 2009, 12:35:06 PM6/8/09
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if there is a Subversion client (Windows) that can be used with Caché, or perhaps Caché Studio?  I have tried looking over the Subversion website (http://subversion.tigris.org/) and as the code resides within Caché, we can't make use of TortoiseSVN like we do for our MS Visual Studio projects.  Thanks!

-- Andrew

wayne.bu...@isofthealth.com

Jun 10, 2009, 12:41:19 AM6/10/09
to intersystems.public.cache
We are in the process of implementing the same thing. We are using a
class extended from %Studio.SourceControl.Base to export the classes
to xml on our local disks, and then use TortoiseSVN to interact with
Subversion on the xml files. We set this class as the Studio Source
Control Class in the System Management Portal.

Fernando Telesca

Jun 10, 2009, 1:15:21 AM6/10/09
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
Here is an example of  source code to interface Caché Studio Hooks to SubVersion source control. It is based on public available ISC implementation for Perforce. There is some configuration and loading work to be done and also some minor translation (there are messages in portuguese). An average COS programmer should be able to figure everything out from the source code, but let me know if you have any problems.

http://telesca.s3.amazonaws.com/SVN.xml

Simple script to get things going:

1. Import SVN.xml to any namespace you want source control (YOURNSP).

2. Activate source control hooks:

Management Portal->Configuration->Studio Source Control Class
Select YOURNSP
Select Studio.SourceControl.SVN

3. Setup ^Sources as follows:

(note: as namespace is present at the first global level, ^Sources can be mapped to a central location like %SYS)

Physical path to SVN client binaries:
^Sources("YOURNSP","Config","
BinaryDir")="\\whisdvm\webapl1\svnbin"

Virtual path to commit page (note: you can also commit from your SVN client):
^Sources("YOURNSP","Config","CommitPage")="/csp/yournsp/Studio.SourceControl.SVNCommit.cls"

SVN server authentication:
^Sources("YOURNSP","Config","SVNPwd")="cache"
^Sources("YOURNSP","Config","SVNUser")="cache"

Physical working copy root path (note: in fact it must be is a "public" working copy, shared to all Caché developers)
^Sources("YOURNSP","Config","WCopyRoot")="\\whisdvm\webapl1"

Routines/classes physical export path mappings:
^Sources("YOURNSP","Mappings","CLS","*")="\\whisdvm\webapl1\classes"
^Sources("YOURNSP","Mappings","MAC","*")="\\whisdvm\webapl1\routines\main"
^Sources("YOURNSP","Mappings","MAC","CUSTOM*")="\\whisdvm\webapl1\routines\custom"

4. Initial load of your routines/classes

Routines:
Set array("routine1.MAC")=""
Set array("routine2.MAC")=""
Do ##Class(Studio.SourceControl.SVN).AddItemsToSourceControl(.array)

Classes:
Do ##Class(Studio.SourceControl.SVN).AddPackagesToSourceControl("package1,package2")

Jan

Jun 10, 2009, 4:57:21 AM6/10/09
to intersystems.public.cache
Hi,
Exists one implementation of Studio hooks working fine with
subversion.
We are using it. Its written by Daniel Kutac from Intersystem CZ.
Try to ask him.

Jan

Pavel K

Jun 10, 2009, 5:14:53 AM6/10/09
to intersystems...@info2.kinich.com
We have working solution which integrates Cache studio together with TortoiseSVN (using
visual dialogs directly in Studio). You can get the code for free. If you are interested,
please contact me directly.

Pavel Krehula

venkatara...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2013, 5:19:25 PM12/30/13
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com, intersystems...@info2.kinich.com, pa...@nlm.cz
Hi Pavel,

I am currently working on development projects using Intersystem's Cache. We are currently using Perforce as our SCM tool but would like to switch to a low cost or free version of the SCM tool. During my analysis, I found that one of the open source SCM tool named Subversion(SVN) can be used for Cache code management. Can you please let me know where I can get the code for Cache integration with SVN ?

Any directions in regard to this is really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh

DAiMor

Jan 4, 2014, 4:43:38 AM1/4/14
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com, intersystems...@info2.kinich.com, pa...@nlm.cz, venkatara...@gmail.com
Source code for SVN, but in Russian.
And source code for GIT on github

GBmav

Jan 31, 2014, 12:15:11 PM1/31/14
to intersystems...@googlegroups.com
We got the svn hooks working on dev system that runs on WIndows, we have now also created a version that works with svn on Linux, still need Windows PC with Studio editor but doing all development on a remote Linux server.