hl2 dell 10v

Brogie

Feb 26, 2010, 6:18:23 AM2/26/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Hi
I'm just game Half-life addict fan. Trying to run hl2 on my dell 10v I
fund it possible only with md 1.0 drivers and ąround 20fps. Looking
for tutorials I fund one old on youtube and it didn't worked somehow.
Could You help to find proper newest drivers for gma950 on dell mini
10v/1010

One more about gma 500!
Do You plan soldiers to be also 5xx?!!!

Best

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 26, 2010, 10:28:06 AM2/26/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Since you talk about Half-Life 2 i take for granted that this is a legal version and that you have it in Steam.

One of the biggest things you can do to gain performance is to change what Directx the game shall use. My personal recommendation is Directx 7 but i have seen people who says not to put it below Directx 8.1. Have no idea why but that should not be necessary.

Since you weren't to specific i don't know what settings you are using or if you have changed the Directx, so if you need some help with that, respond here and tell me exactly what you have done, what your settings are and your pc specs like cpu and available ram.

About other drivers and a Soldiers 5xx, you will have wait for MAD_BEAST or someone else to answer you about that, but since this group and specifically MAD_BEAST himself had some big problems with intel i have a hard time beliving there would be an expansion to include 5xx cards as well. It is very uncertain if there will ever be a modded driver coming out. But still im just a part of the community and don't have a big role i just know whats said in the forums. So wait for MAD_BEAST or someone else who knows more than i to respond.

Remember post ur details if you want further help with Half-Life 2!

MAD_BEAST

Feb 26, 2010, 2:15:37 PM2/26/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
As my brother Oscar just said, yes i had huge legal problems with that
corporation, but we are working to find the way to make this software
100% legit to the law, if we make it, the possibility of making more
dirvers is higher, right now we only have two shots we cant waste.
Delta drivers are on the way

Brogie

Feb 26, 2010, 4:41:56 PM2/26/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Thank You for fast answer! I will continue gma500 topic on this other
post:
http://groups.google.com/group/intel9x-gaming/browse_thread/thread/4a82f1a051aefe4b/6f0152b4e6c5e246#6f0152b4e6c5e246

About hl2 on my Dell 10v

System Info Version: 2.2
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Processors: 2 x Intel <unknown> @ 1.60 GHz
Graphics Card: @oem2.inf,%ibwgx0%;Mobile Intel 945GM Express Mod for
Win 7 V1.0
Total Physical Memory: 1014 MB
Free Physical Memory: 461.70 MB
Motherboard Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Motherboard Model: CN0Y53

cpu
Manufacturer: Intel
Family: <unknown>
Internal Clock: 1.60 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum: 1.60 GHz
External Clock: 0 Hz
Socket Designation:
Type: <unknown>
Upgrade: <unknown>
Capabilities: MMX, CMov, RDTSC, SSE, SSE2
Version: N/A
CPUID: 0x000107c2

DirectX Version: 9.0
DirectDraw Version : 6.1.7600.16385
DirectShow Version: 6.6.7600.16385

Total Physical Memory: 1014 MB
Free Physical Memory: 461.70 MB
Total Pagefile Memory: 4 GB
Free Pagefile Memory: 4 GB

motherboard
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: CN0Y53
Version: A06
BIOS Vendor: Dell Inc.
BIOS Version: DELL - 6040000
BIOS Release Date: 29/07/09
BIOS Properties: Plug and Play, Flash

I will try directx 7 and 8.1 and write more soon

Thanx a lot

Brogie

Feb 27, 2010, 6:59:04 AM2/27/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Trying to get back do dx7 without success on w7.

Any other drivers(1.1, Alpha) than modded 1.0 Dell 10v gets frozen
black and slows, hangs. "stopped respond but works" it said.

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 27, 2010, 7:37:21 AM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Well i see that your CPU is quite weak but that should not be much of a problem, you might have some hiccups while using something controlled by Havok (the physics engine if you didn't know that) that happens to me and i have a 1.8 ghz dual core who is stronger than yours but still considered weak.

Anyway in your Steam right click on HL2 and choose properties, then you should see a button who reads: "Set launch options..." click that and a text box should appear.

Copy paste this: -dxlevel 70 -high -d3d -nojoy

-dxlevel 70 makes the game play in Directx 7, but here u can put -dxlevel 80 (for Directx 8) -dxlevel 81 (for Directx 8.1) -dxlevel 90 (for the deafult Directx 9) and also -dxlevel 95 (for Directx 9c). So pretty much choose anyone of these but as i told you before i recommend Directx 7.

-high simply puts your game to a high priority, this can boost you a bit.

-d3d is simply something i have experimented with, it supposedly will force the game to use Direct3D instead of OpenGL, and as MAD_BEAST and some others told me before, Intel's chips don't really like OpenGL, though i have seen it is better than Direct3D in the HL1 engine. But -d3d you can use if you want, i haven't noticed much difference but i have kept it there in case.

-nojoy doesn't mean it will take away all the fun in the game :P But rather tells the game not to search for a plugged in Joystick, this will boost startup time of the game and might give some boot in game but don't count on it.But if you are using a Joystick while playing don't use that command.

Thats all off game settings you can use that i can think of. But please give me a screenshot or something with your in game settings if you haven't put all to low or just want a little tweak.

THEfog .

Feb 27, 2010, 7:42:13 AM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com

You may want to increase your heapsize aswell, this can sometimes give a huge performance increase in somecases (+15-20fps), sorry but I cannot remember the startup line that you have to add but there are heaps of websites with it though.

THEfog

--
INTEL 9xx SOLDIERS SANS FRONTIERS

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 27, 2010, 8:00:42 AM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Well i knew about that one and the command is:

  • 512MB System Memory: -heapsize 262144
  • 1GB System Memory: -heapsize 524288
  • 2GB System Memory: -heapsize 1048576
But test this one as a last resort since you don't have much available memory to begin with.

Brogie

Feb 27, 2010, 4:59:11 PM2/27/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers

Dear Oscar

Big thanks, dx7 and thin nice commands gave me a joy!
I will try heapsize later but can I undo? if something goes wrong?

Do You know some good resource about "those commands and launch
options"?
I have F.e.a.r. also original one and already looks quite good but I'm
thinking is there any soft for those commands and other games. Do You
know if Stalker could work?

Sorry but this is promising

One again big thanks!!!

Brogie

Feb 27, 2010, 4:59:21 PM2/27/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 27, 2010, 5:53:24 PM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Yes if something were to go wrong or not be working correctly you just remove the code from the text box at the same place you put it.

These commands are for Source games only, so Fear and Stalker can't be modified this way. Here you might want to check for a special config. I know pretty much about Source games and how to tweak them but for these other games try Google. If you cant find anything come back here and ill try if i can get some magic working.

Btw which Stalker are we talking about? Shadows of Chernobyl runs pretty good but there are a lot of hiccups, never tried any configs since i didnt think the game were to fun to begin with but it runs.

Come back to me soon, and please tell me if you had any improvements in Half-Life 2

Brogie

Feb 27, 2010, 6:51:58 PM2/27/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
I found some sites about "you can implement command variables in
Source Engine games: In the game's Command Console; through Config
(.cfg) files; in the Steam Launch Options box for that particular
game; or in the game's desktop icon Target box. These various methods
usually result in the same outcome for each command, however they
provide flexibility in the ways in which you can test, add, edit and
remove cvars for the game."

do You agree?

greetings

THEfog .

Feb 27, 2010, 7:12:56 PM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com

Yes it is usefull to add them through console, however they are genaerally only temporary although this could be a positive or negative.

THEfog

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 27, 2010, 7:24:32 PM2/27/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Also if you want the console to open at start put

-console

With the other ones :)

Namige

Feb 28, 2010, 7:12:23 AM2/28/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
WOW. I just realised I can play Half life 2 at 1280x800 at MAX
settings at Directx 8 with no lag. (Directx 9 Crashes)

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 28, 2010, 2:17:38 PM2/28/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Nice, what gfx card are you using? Also is it Directx 8.0 or 8.1?

Espionage724

Feb 28, 2010, 5:39:20 PM2/28/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
O also a interesting note. L4D doesn't work well when in directx 9
mode, the same goes with all source games.

In Garry's mod, if you force dxlevel 90, some npcs and meshes will
look corrupted or purplish, indicating a shader could not be drawn.
Portal tends to crash more in dx 9 mode. CS:S, idk.

So, in a way, force L4D to use dxlevel 81, it might work. As for other
source engine games, 81 is your best bet.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Oscar Lundqvist <zauro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice, what gfx card are you using? Also is it Directx 8.0 or 8.1?
>

> --
> INTEL 9xx SOLDIERS SANS FRONTIERS

--
Espionage724 Has A Signature...

Oscar Lundqvist

Feb 28, 2010, 5:43:06 PM2/28/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Also to be clear about something, Directx 7 should only be used with Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike Source, newer games might run but there will be some big graphics glitches, Day of Defeat Source have a hard time just playing in 8.1 so you need to experiment on what works on each game.

Brogie

Mar 12, 2010, 9:57:01 AM3/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
-dxlevel 70 -high -d3d -nojoy -heapsize 1048576 -cl_detaildist 600 -
cl_detailfade 800

works best so far

Oscar Lundqvist

Mar 12, 2010, 10:22:37 AM3/12/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Well that's good to hear, what is you average fps?