Inspire WFS for Protected Sites

stefano.parodi

Dec 7, 2010, 12:15:36 PM12/7/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi,

I'm Stefano and I'm currently working for the Liguria Regional
Authority (Italy), in the NatureSDIPLus project for the implementation
of the INSPIRE Directive for various themes:
- Protected Sites (Annex I)
- Biogeographical regions (Annex III)
- Habitats and biotopes (Annex III)
- Species distribution (Annex III)

I'm working now in the implementation of the Protected Sites theme.

I've managed to produce an INSPIRE GML 3.2.1 file that is based upon
the "Protected Sites Simple" schema.
I have used FME to tranform the data from the Oracle Spatial DB we use
to a GML3.1.1 file and then I've applied a XSLT to write the final
3.2.1 GML file (the examples of xsl files I've found in this group has
been really useful)

For the purpose of the project this would be enough, but I'd like to
try the implementation of a deegree WFS/WMS server.

I've read some documentation in the deegree wiki and in this group and
I've decided to take the plunge.

As long as I undersand there are 3 methods for storing the data:
- in memory
- in postgis with BLOB storage
- in postgis with a relational structure.
The second choice is, for now, my favourite option, so I think I'll
try this out.
The third would be optimal but it seems quite complex as I have no
experience in PostGIS (we use Oracle Spatial) nor in deegree (and
generally in the java-based application servers as we use MapServer
for our WMS/WFS services). Maybe I'll try this option later....

I have already installed the deegree-inspire-node, now I'm going to
install PostGIS and then configure a deegree store and publish the
data.

Obviously I'd really happy to share my experience with others. For
now I have a couple of FME files and a xsl that are tailored to our
data but that can serve as an example for others.

The implementation of the INSPIRE directive is not an easy task,
mainly because the are so few real world experiences. For me the
information shared by this group has been really useful.

Best Regards.

Stefano.

Markus Schneider

Dec 7, 2010, 12:35:46 PM12/7/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

> For the purpose of the project this would be enough, but I'd like to
> try the implementation of a deegree WFS/WMS server.
>
> I've read some documentation in the deegree wiki and in this group and
> I've decided to take the plunge.
>
> As long as I undersand there are 3 methods for storing the data:
> - in memory
> - in postgis with BLOB storage
> - in postgis with a relational structure.
> The second choice is, for now, my favourite option, so I think I'll
> try this out.
> The third would be optimal but it seems quite complex as I have no
> experience in PostGIS (we use Oracle Spatial) nor in deegree (and
> generally in the java-based application servers as we use MapServer
> for our WMS/WFS services). Maybe I'll try this option later....
>
> I have already installed the deegree-inspire-node, now I'm going to
> install PostGIS and then configure a deegree store and publish the
> data.

That's great! Please ask if you run into any problems with the
step-by-step guide in the deegree wiki -- I updated it just today, but it
may still contain errors.

Best regards,
Markus

P.S.: If you want to use Oracle instead of PostGIS, we're still looking
for some funding for the OracleFeatureStore ;-)

Just van den Broecke

Dec 8, 2010, 8:40:01 AM12/8/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

Welcome to the group! Yes, when starting off it is easiest to use the
deegree-inspire-node with memory data store. You may have to add Annex
III schemas if they are lacking.

It would be really worthwhile if you could share your ETL (FME,XSL),
especially since you are using INSPIRE Annex I/III not yet handled (nor
FME is yet used).

At the moment we share ETL through the SVN directory
trunk/etl/<CountryCode>.<LocalInstitution> for example trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster
I authored the XSLT for NL.Kadaster and as you may notice a large part
of that is generic, parameterized and reusable. I am in the process of
documenting. Ultimate goal is to move the generic XSLT "higher up" in
the etl tree to make it more widely applicable.

For now, would it be possible for you to put your FME/XSL files in a
separate SVN dir, like trunk/etl/IT.LigurRA ? This will benefit us all.
If you have a Google account I can add you. For example for NL we also
need to do Protected Sites at some point. Seeing valid GML is also
benificial. If you have trouble accessing SVN you may also send me the
data and I'll put it there but maintenance will be harder.

best,

Just van den Broecke
www.justobjects.nl

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 3:21:09 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi Markus,

Today I'll try it and I'll let you know....

Oracle could be an option in the long term but now, giving the fact
that the production enviroment (Oracle based) and the INSPIRE data
warehouse are going to be separate, I would prefer a pure FOSS
environment (PostGIS + deegree3).

To be honest I'm not a big Oracle fan and I want to take the
opportunity to try out PostGIS and see how it fits in our environment.

Nevertheless, in the long term a scenario in which the INSPIRE
services directly access the Oracle production store and convert the
data on the fly would be the best solution (I don't know how
feasible).

Anyway try to convince my boss ;-)

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 3:44:57 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi Just,

On 8 Dic, 14:40, Just van den Broecke <j...@justobjects.nl> wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Welcome to the group! Yes, when starting off it is easiest to use the
> deegree-inspire-node with memory data store. You may have to add Annex
> III schemas if they are lacking.

Official Annex III schemas are not available yet, for the NatureSDI+
project some temporary schemas will be produced as an interim
solution.

> It would be really worthwhile if you could share your ETL (FME,XSL),
> especially since you are using INSPIRE Annex I/III not yet handled (nor
> FME is yet used).
>
> At the moment we share ETL through the SVN directory
> trunk/etl/<CountryCode>.<LocalInstitution> for example trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster
> I authored the XSLT for NL.Kadaster and as you may notice a large part
> of that is generic, parameterized and reusable. I am in the process of
> documenting. Ultimate goal is to move the generic XSLT "higher up" in
> the etl tree to make it more widely applicable.

The idea of generic and reusable XSLT is really appealing, my xsl is
now really specific and I have to make it more generic, I've not yet
seen your xslt in depth, I will gave them a look.

> For now, would it be possible for you to put your FME/XSL files in a
> separate SVN dir, like trunk/etl/IT.LigurRA ? This will benefit us all.
> If you have a Google account I can add you. For example for NL we also
> need to do Protected Sites at some point. Seeing valid GML is also
> benificial. If you have trouble accessing SVN you may also send me the
> data and I'll put it there but maintenance will be harder.
I have a google account, here's the link:
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=sk1IiBEAAADedno9jpQwp8US3tSRmc6ykdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q
As for SVN I have to install a client (any hint for a windows
client?).
I could put these files in a new dir (trunk/etl/IT.RLIG)
- the FME fmw file
- the xsl file
- an example of the gml 3.1.1 produced by fme
- an example of the gml 3.2.1 after the xslt
- a README file

best regards.

Stefano.

> best,
>
> Just van den Broeckewww.justobjects.nl

Just van den Broecke

Dec 9, 2010, 6:43:09 AM12/9/10

On 09-12-10 09:44, stefano.parodi wrote:
> Hi Just,
>
> On 8 Dic, 14:40, Just van den Broecke<j...@justobjects.nl> wrote:
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> Welcome to the group! Yes, when starting off it is easiest to use the
>> deegree-inspire-node with memory data store. You may have to add Annex
>> III schemas if they are lacking.
>
> Official Annex III schemas are not available yet, for the NatureSDI+
> project some temporary schemas will be produced as an interim
> solution.

Ok. If allowed we may want to put these in SVN as well.

>> It would be really worthwhile if you could share your ETL (FME,XSL),
>> especially since you are using INSPIRE Annex I/III not yet handled (nor
>> FME is yet used).
>>
>> At the moment we share ETL through the SVN directory
>> trunk/etl/<CountryCode>.<LocalInstitution> for example trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster
>> I authored the XSLT for NL.Kadaster and as you may notice a large part
>> of that is generic, parameterized and reusable. I am in the process of
>> documenting. Ultimate goal is to move the generic XSLT "higher up" in
>> the etl tree to make it more widely applicable.
>
> The idea of generic and reusable XSLT is really appealing, my xsl is
> now really specific and I have to make it more generic, I've not yet
> seen your xslt in depth, I will gave them a look.

And documentation is lacking, but the ETL steps are:
Simple Features DB -1-> Simple Feature GML -2-> INSPIRE GML 3.2.1 -3->
PostGIS or memory store

Step 1 is through GDAL/OGR (or FME) and includes coordinate transform
Step 2 is model transform via XSLT
Step 3 is deegree FSLoader or WFS-T or copy to dir (memory store)

My XSLT (etl/NL.Kadaster/*/*.xsl) has two phases/steps:
a- parsing/extracting from Simple Feature GML
b- INSPIRE GML 3.2.1 generation

a- is specific to the local Simple Feature GML but step b- is (becoming)
generic. Step b- works through XSLT callable templates (like regular
functions). These templates are parametrized, e.g. passing an INSPIRE ID
or some other property values.

Under etl/NL.Kadaster/* all XSLT used for step a- starts with local-*,
all XSLT for step b- is named after the Data Theme. For example
etl/NL.Kadaster/CadastralParcels contains local-to-inspire-cp-sd.xsl
and local-to-inspire-cp.xsl for step a- (generate SpatialDataSet).
Within local-to-inspire-cp.xsl step b- is invoked by calling
CadastralParcels.xsl, See (a-)
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster/CadastralParcels/local-to-inspire-cp.xsl
and (b-):
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster/CadastralParcels/CadastralParcels.xsl

In addition a lot of reuse is made for common elements like Inspire ID,
Country Coding but also cross theme elements like GeograpicalNames (see
e.g. Administractive Units).

The only tricky thing now is the transformation from Simple feature GML
2 or 3.1.1 geometry to 3.2.1 geometry. This is done by importing generic
XSLT for all themes from
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/#svn/trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster/xsl

Personally I make lots of reuse over themes which speeds up the ETL
configuration considerably (from days to hours per theme).

Under etl/NL.Kadaster/<Theme>/test is testcode/scripts/data for
validation (see tools/validation) and loading.

Under etl/NL.Kadaster/bin are all scripts to invoke ETL. At the highest
level, simply the command "etl.sh" will invoke all ETL for all local
datasets.

As said there is still some work needed to make these XSLT generic over
Countries/Data Providers but there is a direction now. I am documenting
now. This will appear under trunk/doc/NL.Kadaster and published to
http://inspire.kademo.nl

>> For now, would it be possible for you to put your FME/XSL files in a
>> separate SVN dir, like trunk/etl/IT.LigurRA ? This will benefit us all.
>> If you have a Google account I can add you. For example for NL we also
>> need to do Protected Sites at some point. Seeing valid GML is also
>> benificial. If you have trouble accessing SVN you may also send me the
>> data and I'll put it there but maintenance will be harder.
> I have a google account, here's the link:
> http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=sk1IiBEAAADedno9jpQwp8US3tSRmc6ykdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q
> As for SVN I have to install a client (any hint for a windows
> client?).
> I could put these files in a new dir (trunk/etl/IT.RLIG)
> - the FME fmw file
> - the xsl file
> - an example of the gml 3.1.1 produced by fme
> - an example of the gml 3.2.1 after the xslt
> - a README file

Great ! I have added you by your gmail account also used on this list.
I don't use Windows but I think there is a Subversion client TortoiseSVN
integrated with Explorer that most people seem to use:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org . Yes the dir trunk/etl/IT.RLIG

best,

--Just

Just van den Broecke
www.justobjects.nl

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 6:45:12 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi Markus,

> That's great! Please ask if you run into any problems with the
> step-by-step guide in the deegree wiki -- I updated it just today, but it
> may still contain errors.

I successfully created the jdbc connection and the PosGISFeatureStore,
then
I stopped at step 5.4 (Setup the database tables) because I could not
find the "Setup tables" link!

Regards,

Stefano.

Markus Schneider

Dec 9, 2010, 7:09:19 AM12/9/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Did you click reload?

Markus Schneider

Dec 9, 2010, 7:13:08 AM12/9/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
The setup tables link is in the feature stores list.

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 7:58:07 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Isn't there. I have installed deegree-inspire-node-1.0.1.zip, maybe is
out of date?

Anyway, I could use the sql script found here, right?
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/webapps/deegree3/src/main/resources/create-tables.sql

Thank you.

On 9 Dic, 13:13, Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> The setup tables link is in the feature stores list.
>
> Am 09.12.2010 um 13:09 schrieb Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de>:
>

> > Did you click reload?

Markus Schneider

Dec 9, 2010, 8:17:11 AM12/9/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
In principle, you could take the SQL script and execute it manually, but
if the link does not show up, something's seriously wrong.

I attached a screenshot showing how it should look like.

Can you provide a screenshot with the missing link?

Best regards,
Markus

P.S.: 1.0.1 is up-to-date.

setup_tables.jpg

Just van den Broecke

Dec 9, 2010, 8:17:43 AM12/9/10
On 09-12-10 13:58, stefano.parodi wrote:
> Isn't there. I have installed deegree-inspire-node-1.0.1.zip, maybe is
> out of date?
>
> Anyway, I could use the sql script found here, right?
> http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/webapps/deegree3/src/main/resources/create-tables.sql
Actually this file is a DB dump that was created after having invoked
the "setup tables" link. You could use this dump for Annex I themes but
as you are also using Annex III XSDs (these are not included in the
dump) it is better to await Markus reply on your specific question and
create with "setup tables".

In a future version of the trunk/webapps/deegree3 I would like to make a
direct (Maven) dependency on the deegree-inspire-node (like is done now
for deegree-services/core/console) and possibly a tool to create an
INSPIRE DB.

best,

Just

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 8:56:01 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/fanenji/Appo#5548675960465581266

The link to the Loader is missing too...

On 9 Dic, 14:17, "Markus Schneider" <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> In principle, you could take the SQL script and execute it manually, but
> if the link does not show up, something's seriously wrong.
>
> I attached a screenshot showing how it should look like.
>
> Can you provide a screenshot with the missing link?
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>
> P.S.: 1.0.1 is up-to-date.
>

> > Isn't there. I have installed deegree-inspire-node-1.0.1.zip, maybe is
> > out of date?
>
> > Anyway, I could use the sql script found here, right?
> >http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/webapps/dee...
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > On 9 Dic, 13:13, Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> >> The setup tables link is in the feature stores list.

> >> but it

> >> PosGISFeatureStore,

>  setup_tables.jpg
> 38KVisualizzaScarica

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 9:00:57 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development

Thanks for the info...
I'll install TortoiseSVN and let you know...
> CadastralParcels.xsl, See (a-)http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/etl/NL.Kada...
> and (b-):http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/etl/NL.Kada...
>
> In addition a lot of reuse is made for common elements like Inspire ID,
> Country Coding but also cross theme elements like GeograpicalNames (see
> e.g. Administractive Units).
>
> The only tricky thing now is the transformation from Simple feature GML
> 2 or 3.1.1 geometry to 3.2.1 geometry. This is done by importing generic
> XSLT for all themes fromhttp://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/#svn/trunk/etl/NL...
>
> Personally I make lots of reuse over themes which speeds up the ETL
> configuration considerably (from days to hours per theme).
>
> Under etl/NL.Kadaster/<Theme>/test is testcode/scripts/data for
> validation (see tools/validation) and loading.
>
> Under etl/NL.Kadaster/bin are all scripts to invoke ETL. At the highest
> level, simply the command "etl.sh" will invoke all ETL for all local
> datasets.
>
> As said there is still some work needed to make these XSLT generic over
> Countries/Data Providers but there is a direction now. I am documenting
> now. This will appear under trunk/doc/NL.Kadaster and published tohttp://inspire.kademo.nl
>

> >> For now, would it be possible for you to put your FME/XSL files in a
> >> separate SVN dir, like trunk/etl/IT.LigurRA ? This will benefit us all.
> >> If you have a Google account I can add you. For example for NL we also
> >> need to do Protected Sites at some point. Seeing valid GML is also
> >> benificial. If you have trouble accessing SVN you may also send me the
> >> data and I'll put it there but maintenance will be harder.
> > I have a google account, here's the link:
> >http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=sk1IiBEAAADedno9jpQw...
> > As for SVN I have to install a client (any hint for a windows
> > client?).
> > I could put these files in a new dir (trunk/etl/IT.RLIG)
> > - the FME fmw file
> > - the xsl file
> > - an example of the gml 3.1.1 produced by fme
> > - an example of the gml 3.2.1 after the xslt
> > - a README file
>
> Great ! I have added you by your gmail account also used on this list.
> I don't use Windows but I think there is a Subversion client TortoiseSVN
> integrated with Explorer that most people seem to use:http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org. Yes the dir trunk/etl/IT.RLIG

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 10:03:43 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
At last I managed to complete the setup. It was a jdbc driver related
problem....

On 9 Dic, 14:17, "Markus Schneider" <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> In principle, you could take the SQL script and execute it manually, but
> if the link does not show up, something's seriously wrong.
>
> I attached a screenshot showing how it should look like.
>
> Can you provide a screenshot with the missing link?
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>
> P.S.: 1.0.1 is up-to-date.
>

> > Isn't there. I have installed deegree-inspire-node-1.0.1.zip, maybe is
> > out of date?
>
> > Anyway, I could use the sql script found here, right?
> >http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/webapps/dee...
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > On 9 Dic, 13:13, Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> >> The setup tables link is in the feature stores list.

> >> but it

> >> PosGISFeatureStore,

>  setup_tables.jpg
> 38KVisualizzaScarica

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 10:03:08 AM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
At last I managed to complete the setup. It was a jdbc driver related
problem....

On 9 Dic, 14:17, "Markus Schneider" <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> In principle, you could take the SQL script and execute it manually, but
> if the link does not show up, something's seriously wrong.
>
> I attached a screenshot showing how it should look like.
>
> Can you provide a screenshot with the missing link?
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>
> P.S.: 1.0.1 is up-to-date.
>

> > Isn't there. I have installed deegree-inspire-node-1.0.1.zip, maybe is
> > out of date?
>
> > Anyway, I could use the sql script found here, right?
> >http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/trunk/webapps/dee...
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > On 9 Dic, 13:13, Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> >> The setup tables link is in the feature stores list.

> >> but it

> >> PosGISFeatureStore,

>  setup_tables.jpg
> 38KVisualizzaScarica

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 12:13:21 PM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
I've uploaded the etl the following files in the /trunk/etl/IT.RLIG/
ProtectedSites dir:

SIC_2_ORA_2_GML311.fmw is the FME workbench for the transformation
from the original management DB to the interim GML 3.1.1 file.
This process creates the files:
SIC_GML311.gml (here a subset the dataset)
SIC_GML311.xsd (the schema file that describe the feature)

SIC_3_GML311_2_GML321.xsl is the XSLT that transform the GML 3.1.1
file (SIC_GML311.gml) into the final Inspire GML file.

SIC_GML321.gml is the final INSPIRE GML file.

Tha GML file are a small (3 features) subset of the original dataset.

Regards,

Stefano.

Markus Schneider

Dec 9, 2010, 12:24:20 PM12/9/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I think this solves the mystery: The services-console is not very
well-tested with other browsers than Firefox. We observed the described
phenomenon (not saving configuration changes) with Chrome and Safari.

I think the problem disappears when one deactivates the XML editor
("Toggle editor"). If anybody knows how to solve this problem, we would
be very happy to include it in the next service release.

I will put a big warning into the step-by-step guide in the wiki for now.

Am 09.12.2010 18:01, schrieb stefano parodi:
> No.
>
> The fact is that the xml snipped copied and pasted wasn't saved by the
> console application.
>
> Until I configured the JDBC it was always automatically reverted to the
> default PostGISFeatureStore configuration (that with the "postgis"
> JDBCConnId and the example "country" featuretype).
>

> 2010/12/9 Markus Schneider <mar...@beefcafe.de <mailto:mar...@beefcafe.de>>
>
> Maybe the problem actually has a different cause.
>

> 'No JDBC connection pool with id 'postgis' defined' indicates that
> you put a JDBCConnId element with contents 'postgis' into the
> PostGISFeatureStore config. However, the JDBC connection you created
> was named 'inspire' (Connection 'inspire' ok).
>
> Did you by any chance modify the PostGISFeatureStore config from the
> Wiki?
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>

> Am 09.12.2010 um 16:10 schrieb stefano parodi <fan...@gmail.com
> <mailto:fan...@gmail.com>>:
>
>> Yeah, quite strange.
>>
>> The JDBC test responded "Connection 'inspire' ok" so I thought it
>> was ok.
>> While the log reported this error:
>> [15:10:12] ERROR: [PostGISFeatureStoreProvider] Error setting up
>> feature store f
>> rom configuration: 'No JDBC connection pool with id 'postgis'
>> defined. Please ch
>> eck your JDBC connection configuration (e.g. file
>> jdbc_connections.xml). '.
>>
>> Does the test actually test the connection or simply make a
>> formal control of the configuration file?
>>
>> Anyway I've managed to complete the setup, after I put the path to
>> the jdbc driver in the CLASSPATH variable all has gone well.
>>
>> Now let's go on with the loader....
>> ;-)
>>

>> 2010/12/9 Markus Schneider
>> <<mailto:mar...@beefcafe.de>mar...@beefcafe.de
>> <mailto:mar...@beefcafe.de>>
>>
>> That's strange. Does the JDBC connection really work ("Test")?
>>
>> However, JDBC driver problems in webapps are quite common.
>> Some ideas:
>> - Do you have other webapps running in the same Tomcat? If
>> multiple apps
>> are using the same JDBC driver, this often causes problems.
>> - Very quick check if the problem is caused by your Tomcat
>> setup/applications: Download the inspireNode ZIP, unpack and
>> fire it up:
>> It contains a bundled Tomcat that is tested to work.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Markus
>>
>> > I've checked the log, the problem is in the jdbc driver,
>> maybe is the
>> > classpath.
>> > I'll make some tests and then let you know...
> [...]

stefano.parodi

Dec 9, 2010, 12:37:03 PM12/9/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development

Ops, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was using Chrome.

From now on I'll use Firefox......
> >     Am 09.12.2010 um 16:10 schrieb stefano parodi <fane...@gmail.com

stefano.parodi

Dec 10, 2010, 4:20:14 AM12/10/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development

Today I've made a new installation starting from scratch and using
Firefox.

All went well and in less than 5 minutes :-)

Then I've loaded the Addresses using the "Send Example
Request" (Insert_Addresses.xml), I've verified that 31 rows were
inserted in the gml_object table.

Now when I try a GetFeature request like Addresses_All.xml I get this
error:

<ows:ExceptionReport xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"
version="1.0.0" xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows"
<ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
<ows:ExceptionText>Cannot recreate feature from result set:
ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]Message: Content is not allowed in
prolog.</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Markus Schneider

Dec 10, 2010, 5:29:59 AM12/10/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
What encoding did you use for creating the database? UTF-8?

Could you check the bytes at the beginning of one of the BLOBs in the
gml_object table? Is there anything in front of the first opening tag?

Best regards,
Markus

stefano.parodi

Dec 10, 2010, 6:39:27 AM12/10/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
The db was created during the installation of Postgis, the encoding is
UTF8.

The blob start with the opening tag "<ad:Address ......"

Best Regards,
Stefano.

> >> that
> >> created

> >> the

> >> it
> >> up

> >> ("Test")?

> >> and

> >> from

> >> <http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zwtDSfUy1pDbofPaCkNmMw>http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zwtDSfUy1pDbofPaCkNmMw

> >> <mar...@beefcafe.de
> >> execute
> >> wrong.

> >> like.

> >> right?

> >> <mar...@beefcafe.de
> >> list.

> >> the
> >> tables)

> leggi tutto

Markus Schneider

Dec 13, 2010, 7:32:05 AM12/13/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

I am looking for a way to reproduce the issue. We did a quite a some
inspireNode installations (mostly on Linux, but also on Windows and MacOS
X) and never had this problem until now...

Could you provide some detailed information on your environment? Some of
this can be taken from the inspireNode startup log:

- Java version
- System encoding (charset)
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS versions

Are you using the JDBC driver version that comes with inspireNode? I
remember the trouble you had a the beginning with the PostGIS FeatureStore
and you said you added a JDBC JAR at that time. Maybe you could try with a
clean ZIP-download of inspireNode again -- after all, it should not be
necessary to add any JARs.

Best regards,
Markus

>> indicates
>> the
>> you

>> config from

>> <fane...@gmail.com

>> thought
>> setting
>> 'postgis'

>> make a

>> the path
>> well.

>> work

>> quite common.
>> Tomcat? If
>> causes problems.
>> your Tomcat
>> ZIP, unpack
>> work.

>> jdbc driver,

>> the config
>> errors

>> script and
>> seriously

>> should look

>> missing link?

>> here,

>> stores

>> Schneider

>> <mailto:mar...@beefcafe.de>

>> "stefano.parodi"

>> into any

>> wiki -- I

>> connection and
>> database

>> leggi tutto

stefano.parodi

Dec 13, 2010, 9:33:17 AM12/13/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi, Markus.

For now I'm using the MemoryStore and I managed to load and query a
ProtectedSite dataset with the Loader
(I had to do some xsl tweaking as the GML wasn't correct and I got
some parsing errors, but know they're fixed).

Anyway I'm using
- java version : 1.6.0_11
- operating system : Windows XP (5.1, x86)
- default encoding : UTF-8
- PostGreSQL: 9.0.1
- PostGIS: 1.5.2

I'll try a new clean installation of deegree and then I'll let you
know...

Thanks.

Stefano.

> >> indicates
> >> the
> >> you

> >> config from

> >> <fane...@gmail.com

> >> thought
> >> setting
> >> 'postgis'

> >> make a

> >> the path
> >> well.

> >> work

> >> quite common.
> >> Tomcat? If
> >> causes problems.
> >> your Tomcat
> >> ZIP, unpack
> >> work.

> >> jdbc driver,

> >> the config
> >> errors

> >> script and
> >> seriously

> >> should look

> >> missing link?

> >> here,

> leggi tutto

Markus Schneider

Dec 13, 2010, 12:41:02 PM12/13/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think I found the cause of the problem: If the PostgreSQL JDBC 8.4
driver is used together with a 9.0 database, the BLOBs are written
correctly, but can not be read back...

I added a note and instructions on updating the JDBC JAR to the wiki [1].

Best regards,
Markus

[1] http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/InspireNode#EnablePostGISstorage

>> this

>> result set:

>> into
>> connection

>> �simply

>> put
>> gone

>> really

>> same
>> by

>> know...

>> <<mailto:mar...@beefcafe.de>mar...@beefcafe.de

>> anything?

>> something's

>> found

>> leggi tutto

stefano.parodi

Dec 14, 2010, 3:16:36 AM12/14/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hi, Markus.

I've changed the jdbc driver and now I'm able to query the dataset,
thank you for sorting out all the problems :)

Yesterday I tried to access the deegree WFS server with QGis that
dowsn't seem
able to deal with the WFS1.1.0/GML3.2.1 specs, does anybody know any
WFS client
that support the 1.1.0 specifications?

Best regards,
Stefano.

Markus Schneider

Dec 14, 2010, 5:55:48 AM12/14/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Well, uDig claims to support WFS 1.1.0 -- and there are other clients as
well (e.g. OpenJUMP with WFS plugin). However, it will be probably be
tough to find a WFS client that can cope with the GML 3.2.1 and the
INSPIRE schemas.

The ESDIN wiki mentions the ESDIN Data Viewer and the Tatuk GIS Viewer
[1], but I didn't test them yet. Would be interesting to hear about your
experiences...

Best regards,
Markus

[1]
http://esdin.fgi.fi/wiki/index.php/ESDIN_Service_Requirements#Client_Software

stefano.parodi

Dec 15, 2010, 2:55:06 AM12/15/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development

I'm doing some tests of the WMS/WFS services with various clients
(mainly OS).

It would be really useful to have a log of the requests made to the
services (with the parameters sent by the client), is there a way to
log them?

As soon as I have some results I'll post them.

Best Regards.
Stefano.

On 14 Dic, 11:55, "Markus Schneider" <mar...@beefcafe.de> wrote:
> Well, uDig claims to support WFS 1.1.0 -- and there are other clients as
> well (e.g. OpenJUMP with WFS plugin). However, it will be probably be
> tough to find a WFS client that can cope with the GML 3.2.1 and the
> INSPIRE schemas.
>
> The ESDIN wiki mentions the ESDIN Data Viewer and the Tatuk GIS Viewer
> [1], but I didn't test them yet.  Would be interesting to hear about your
> experiences...
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>
> [1]http://esdin.fgi.fi/wiki/index.php/ESDIN_Service_Requirements#Client_...

Andreas Schmitz

Dec 15, 2010, 3:39:14 AM12/15/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
stefano.parodi wrote:

Hi,

> I'm doing some tests of the WMS/WFS services with various clients
> (mainly OS).
>
> It would be really useful to have a log of the requests made to the
> services (with the parameters sent by the client), is there a way to
> log them?

for HTTP GET requests just add

log4j.logger.org.deegree.services.controller=DEBUG

to your log4j.properties and you'll see them in the log. For POST
requests have a look at how to setup request logging here:

http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegree3/WorkspaceConfiguration/ServicesConfiguration#Mainserviceconfiguration.28services.2BAC8-main.xml.29

Best regards, Andreas
--
l a t / l o n GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19 53177 Bonn, Germany

signature.asc

stefano.parodi

Dec 15, 2010, 4:07:34 AM12/15/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Ok. I've configured the "Access Log Valve" in Tomcat, now I have a
track of the parameters requests.

:-)

Ste.