Problem installing Insoshi on Heroku

Dave

May 19, 2009, 9:10:28 PM5/19/09
to Insoshi
Due to the read-only nature of the "slugging" system, I'm having
problems with this step

== CreateLocalKeys: migrating
rake aborted!
An error has occurred, this and all later migrations canceled:

Read-only file system - rsa_key

Any ideas on how to get around this? Or is there a website that has
detailed instructions on installation for the newest branch?

Thanks

Dave

May 19, 2009, 10:07:05 PM5/19/09
to Insoshi
Sorry all. I figured out, but I'm not having trouble saving the admin
preferences. Is it related to the PostgreSQL that heroku uses? Do I
need to alter some queries? Thanks.

Steven Yu

May 20, 2009, 9:22:23 AM5/20/09
to Insoshi
Hey Dave,

do you mind posting how u fix that problem on Heroku, I was planning
on messing around a bit with Heroku later and thought it might cause
trouble for me too.

thanks,
-Steven

Michael Hartl

May 23, 2009, 3:08:30 PM5/23/09
to ins...@googlegroups.com
I love Heroku; I host several sites there, including my main personal
site (michaelhartl.com). I'm also friends with the founders, and we've
talked on several occasions about getting Insoshi to run on Heroku.
Unfortunately, some of the requirements for Insoshi---especially
integrated, full-text search---are a bit too specific for Heroku's
main use-case. Getting search to work would involve either dropping a
big piece of functionality (i.e., just using "LIKE" database queries)
or outsourcing search to a separate server (probably running
Lucene/Solr). We'd also have to rewrite image upload to use a
third-part asset server such as S3 due to Heroku's read-only
filesystem.

As a result of these issues, I've reluctantly given up trying to get
Insoshi to run on Heroku. But I use Heroku for everything I can, and
so should you. :-)

Michael