Next call

Alan Ruttenberg

Mar 29, 2010, 6:04:27 PM3/29/10
to IAO Discuss
We don't have a call scheduled for tomorrow, however if there is
interest we could spend some time on cleanup after the OBI meeting. In
particular: the issues identified in
http://code.google.com/p/information-artifact-ontology/issues/detail?id=79

There have been a number of issues that have arisen in working with
measurement data. First, there is the structural similarity between
some specifications, such as a dose, or a specification of length in
instructions on how long to cut a piece of wood, and measurement data,
in that both have values and units.

In addition Tom Russ and Gully Burns have raised the issue of
measurement scales a la Stevens
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_measurement) which has the
potential to interfere with an orderly single inheritance hierarchy.

We can also discuss the example alluded to Melanie's issue report -
the handedness assay that we worked through.

Tomorrow is short notice, so I don't expect we will have the meeting,
but as I said, I am open to it. Could people who are interested in
discussing these issues let me know their availability in the next
couple of weeks?

-Alan

Bjoern Peters

Mar 29, 2010, 7:55:16 PM3/29/10
to Alan Ruttenberg, IAO Discuss
I would very much welcome this + packagint into this discussion the 'is quality specification of' relation. I would be available tomorrow and April 13th.

--
Bjoern Peters
Assistant Member

Adam M. Goldstein

Mar 29, 2010, 8:21:11 PM3/29/10
to Alan Ruttenberg, IAO Discuss
Tomorrow isn't a good time for me---generally, Tuesdays rarely are---but in general, I am available on Mondays and Wednesdays, more or less any time. These issues definitely sound interesting and important and I'd like to contribute.

Adam

> --
> informatio...@googlegroups.com
> To change settings, visit
> http://groups.google.com/group/information-ontology

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
--
z_calif...@shiftingbalance.org
http://www.shiftingbalance.org

Alan Ruttenberg

Apr 1, 2010, 1:13:56 AM4/1/10
to Bjoern Peters, IAO Discuss, Gully Burns, Turner, Jessica, Thomas Russ
OK, we will meet on the 13th to discuss these issues.
-Alan