symbolics macivory keyboard support under MacOS 7.5

Kent Pitman

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

I have a Macivory Model 3 which has been running under 7.0.1 for a
long time and I want to upgrade to MacOS 7.5. Unfortunately, although
Genera seems happy to start under 7.5, the Symbolics keyboard doesn't
run correctly--it thinks the Page key is the Line key, and it ignores
many important keys like (Line, Abort, Resume, Suspend, Function, and
Select). Perhaps needless to say, this makes it quite a pain when one
gets into an activity that has no Exit command expliclity in its
interface. :-(

I didn't try the native Mac keyboard, but I sure wouldn't be happy
with that as a long run solution... It looks really like mostly the
ASCII-compatible keys work. Anyone else tried this and gotten either
the same behavior (so I can know I'm not crazy) or a different
behavior (so I'll know there's hope).....? Anyone got a patch?

Peter H Paine

Jul 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/16/97

>I have a Macivory Model 3 which has been running under 7.0.1 for a
>long time and I want to upgrade to MacOS 7.5. Unfortunately, although
>Genera seems happy to start under 7.5, the Symbolics keyboard doesn't
>run correctly--

MacIvory kbd runs perfectly for me under all MacOS releases to 7.6.1
(haven't tried under 8 yet).

For MacOS 7.5 (or so) on you'll need the newer installer for Symbolics
Keyboard MacIvory Support v 4.2.1a1

And make sure that you have an up to date disk driver.
And use the ADB box and the low current Symbolics kbd.

In the [Control Panel] [Keyboard] make sure that US - Symbolics is selected.