A question of faith?

henness...@hotmail.com

Oct 16, 2006, 5:24:38 PM10/16/06
to Infinitism; a new religion
The only faith required of the Infinitist is faith in fate. The single
principle upon which this faith is based is that the Universe itself is
a conscious entity. This can be deduced through logical reasoning; if
the physical form of all living things is based upon their atomic
structure, and all inanimate objects are built of the same stuff, then
they too must be alive. It is our very essence that gives us life,
energy, physical form; and we share our essence with every other
physical object, animate or not. Therefore, for the Infinitist, all
things live. In the words of Rene Descartes:

‘I think, therefore I am.’

And so the Universe lives. But the Universe is a very complicated place
in which to live. Existing as part of an Infinite entity means
essentially that we must contemplate the nature of Infinity, something
that the human mind is not conditioned to do. But it is certainly built
for this task. Because we ourselves are a part of the Universe, the
Universe is also a part of us. Literally, each one of us is a part of
God, and God resides within each of us. Our task is to hear God.

In an infinite Universe there must be infinite options available to
each of us. Each and every choice we make creates infinite options;
even the choices we haven’t made have infinite repercussions. The
task for the Infinitist is deciding which path we must take for the
Universe to be best served by us in this time and place, this reality,
this here and now. The implications of this are far reaching, but
essentially the Infinitist must trust his or her own judgement. If God
is a part of us, we must simply learn to listen to our inner voices.

In his work The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams makes an
interesting observation on the population of the Universe. He asserts
that the number of living things must be finite, and that any finite
number when divided by infinity is as near to zero as makes no odds,
and that therefore the population of the Universe must be zero.

For the Infinitist there is one small problem with his logic: the
Universe itself.
If the Universe is a conscious entity, and everything is simply a part
of this entity, then the population of the Universe must be, simply,
One. Therefore communing with God means simply listening to what lies
within oneself.

SteLancashire79, u150766

Games that I like to play (and have recently become obsessed with )

href=http://www.gamestotal.com/>Strategy Games</a><br><a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Unification Wars</a> - <a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Massive Multiplayer Online
href=http://www.stephenyong.com/runescape.htm>Runescape</a><br><a