[EfloraIndi_231212PD02_Mecardonia procumbens_Flora of Odisha]

prasad dash

Dec 23, 2011, 8:10:34 AM12/23/11
to Indiantreepix
Dear members please find the images of Mecardonia procumbens taken from Ranpur

Name of the species: Mecardonia procumbens
Family: Scrophulariacea
Place of collection: ranpur, Nayagarh, Odishs
Habit: Herb
Habitat: Wild in grasslands

Regards

Prasad

--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 8:24:36 AM12/23/11
to prasad dash, Indiantreepix
Very nice series of photographs Prasad ji
Interestingly this was the first plant I got identified through this group. In fact my joining this group was connected with this plant. I had posted this for identification to another Group, TAXACOM of which I am a member for more than 15 years, a group of International taxonomists of Plants as well as animals, and there a member suggested to me to join this group in August, 2009. It is perhaps a recent introduction to India.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Dec 23, 2011, 8:28:08 AM12/23/11
to efloraindia
so how did it travel all the way from Jamaica to India??/

usha di
======

On Dec 23, 6:24 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice series of photographs Prasad ji
> Interestingly this was the first plant I got identified through this group.
> In fact my joining this group was connected with this plant. I had posted
> this for identification to another Group, TAXACOM of which I am a member
> for more than 15 years, a group of International taxonomists of Plants as
> well as animals, and there a member suggested to me to join this group in
> August, 2009. It is perhaps a recent introduction to India.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear members please find the images of Mecardonia procumbens taken from
> > Ranpur
>
> > Name of the species: Mecardonia procumbens
> > Family: Scrophulariacea
> > Place of collection: ranpur, Nayagarh, Odishs
> > Habit: Herb
> > Habitat: Wild in grasslands
>
> > Regards
>
> > Prasad
>
> > --
> > Prasad Kumar Dash
> > Ecologist, Orissa, India
> > email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com
> > ph. 09437444241

prasad dash

Dec 23, 2011, 9:21:12 AM12/23/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
Thanks a lot Sir Ji. i came to know that this speies is native to sub tropical America and introduced in India. finally becomes naturalized in various parts of India. Yes ushadi mam u r right , Gurcharan Sir can identify the route of this species.

Regards

prasad
email: prasad....@gmail.com
ph. 09437444241

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 9:22:35 AM12/23/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
Reported in 2007 from Sri Lanka, earlier 1976 from Hassan District.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 11:08:44 AM12/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
Beautiful Set of pics of a Interesting plant

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

prasad dash

Dec 24, 2011, 1:09:37 AM12/24/11
to Balkar Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
Thanks a lot Gurcharan Sir for the updates. Thanks Balkar Sir

Regards

prasad
email: prasad....@gmail.com
ph. 09437444241