Flora of Chakrata: Ranunculus diffusus from Chakrata area

Skip to the first unread message

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 1:30:56 am25/09/11

Ranunculus diffusus (5).JPG
Ranunculus diffusus (6).JPG
Ranunculus diffusus (7).JPG
Ranunculus diffusus (8).JPG
Ranunculus diffusus (9).JPG

hari lal

25 Sept 2011, 1:36:14 am25/09/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
sir very nice photograph thanks a lot for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Gurcharan Singh

25 Sept 2011, 8:45:51 am25/09/11
to hari lal, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Not R. diffusus which has much smaller flowers and leaves and is a much smaller plant. I have yet to identify it. Closest match right now is R. hirtellus though doubtful

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 10:10:52 am25/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, hari lal, indiantreepix
Description wise size of both hirtellus and diffusus is same. I am attaching the image from supplement to flowers of himalaya. But description is not there as it is in Flowers of Himalaya not even in Cinsise flowers of himalaya
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

25 Sept 2011, 10:59:34 am25/09/11
to Balkar Arya, hari lal, indiantreepix
Balkar ji
You have to see them to know the difference. I have both from Kashmir. I will upload them.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

25 Sept 2011, 11:06:18 am25/09/11
to Balkar Arya, hari lal, indiantreepix
In the mean time you can compare these

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

25 Sept 2011, 11:23:19 am25/09/11
to Balkar Arya, hari lal, indiantreepix
Balkar ji
I think you are right. I got mixed up between R. diffusus and Ranunculus hyperboreus. Sorry for confusion.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 11:45:32 am25/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, hari lal, indiantreepix
Sir I am unable to understand. R hyperboreus??