ID please

Skip to the first unread message

akshay surendra

14 Jun 2010, 6:57:19 am14/06/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
sir/madam,
I have seen these two common trees in Bangalore but I've failed to identify it. ID help will be much appreciated
(The first three are of one gregarious species and the third is a flowering tree with light pink flowers that blossom in feb-march.)
Thank you,
akshay surendra.

--
akshay surendra

DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0669.JPG
DSC_0670.JPG
DSC_0672.JPG

ajinkya gadave

14 Jun 2010, 8:01:05 am14/06/10
to akshay surendra, indian...@googlegroups.com
1st one is
 Tabebuia pallida
Family: Bignoniaceae
Maroon Trumpet Tree

Rasingam L.

14 Jun 2010, 7:15:58 am14/06/10
to akshay surendra, indian...@googlegroups.com
Is it Broussonetia papyrifera (3 & 4 photos) (Moraceae)?

Regards
L.Rasingam

J.M. Garg

14 Jun 2010, 9:03:13 am14/06/10
to akshay surendra, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr.Gautam Joglekar
A reply:
"The last three images belongs to species Broussonetia papyrifera L'Her. ex Vent. (Image DSC_0669.JPG, DSC_0670.JPG & DSC_0672.JPG)  commonly known as Paper Mulberrry. It belongs to family Moraceae. It is an introduced species to India."

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

15 Jun 2010, 1:03:54 am15/06/10
to akshay surendra, indian...@googlegroups.com, Padmini Raghavan
A reply:
"The leaves of 3 and 4 appear to be markedly different.
Are they from the same tree?
Padmini Raghavan."

J.M. Garg

15 Jun 2010, 8:19:44 am15/06/10
to akshay surendra, indian...@googlegroups.com, Padmini Raghavan
A reply:
"Thank you all,
Yes, The last three are pictures of the same tree. Had mentioned otherwise. Thank you all once a again."

JM Garg

11 Dec 2019, 4:57:51 am11/12/19
to efloraofindia, akshay...@gmail.com
Tabebuia pallida is different as per JCU  Biodiversity of Singapore  stuartxchange  monaconatureencyclopedia  eppo (Typical specimens have only a single leaflet but some have three leaflets)
DSC_0673.JPG