efloraofindia:''For Id 25092011MR1’’ bright yellow flowered shrub Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 25, 2011, 9:06:58 AM9/25/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-24 Sep 2011 evening

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  Pune Kothrud

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Private garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Shrub

Height/Length- about 4 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- bright yellow flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

d.jpg
240920111943.jpg
240920111942.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Sep 25, 2011, 9:59:21 AM9/25/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Hi,

This is Galphemia species (can be G. glauca)
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 25, 2011, 10:01:05 AM9/25/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I hope Galphimia glauca

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

Sep 25, 2011, 10:47:59 AM9/25/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Nidhanji,Gurcharanji and Ushadi
Regards
Bhagyashri

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Ushadi micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
yES THIS IS gALIPHIMIA GLAUCA... i HAVE ONE ON MY BALCONY...

sorry caps lock was on...

Usha di
==

On Sep 25, 7:01 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope Galphimia glauca
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Sep 25, 2011, 11:07:16 AM9/25/11
to efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut, Madhuri Pejaver, Gurcharan Singh
Yes a galphimia....
process of diagnosis for non taxonimists I guess depends on the
inflorescence details... that's what I learned from my experience with
this plant... very interesting twists and turn in this story, so I'll
share it...

I have a Galphimia gracilis in my balcony... a few months ago when I
first bought it.. did not know what it was...
did a lot of research for small yellow flowers... Zilch. .. zero...
nada.. ... nurseyman were of no use and sent me on a wild goose
chase... and then I described it to my sister, who next day without
ever seeing it told me it was a Galiphimia... voila... found it and
was impressed with her gardening knowledge... Surfing on the web with
a purpose then, I found a very nice site : at univ michigan: for
classification of galphimia... and I had my diagnosis for my
plant.... I will share the URl here...
http://www.lsa.umich.edu/herb/malpigh/GalClade/Galphimia/GalGrac.html

AND THIS IS NOT a Galphimia gracilis...

The inflorescence matches that of Galphimia glauca as Gurcharanji
hoped for....

SO BHAGYASHRI: your plant is most likely a Galphimia glauca....

url for it is http://www.lsa.umich.edu/herb/malpigh/GalClade/Galphimia/GalGlau.html

enjoy the process, I did
Usha di
==========

On Sep 25, 7:01 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope Galphimia glauca
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

Sep 25, 2011, 11:35:02 AM9/25/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Gurcharan Singh
Thank you Ushadi for sharing
Regards
Bhagyashri

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2017, 2:22:53 AM11/19/17
to efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut, GurcharanSingh, Ushadi micromini
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

d.jpg