Ipomoea digitata from Delhi

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

23 Sept 2010, 2:40:18 pm23/09/10
to efloraofindia
Ipomoea digitata from Delhi, growing over a wall in Rajouri Garden area.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ipomoea-digitata-Delhi-3.jpg
Ipomoea-digitata-Delhi-1.jpg
Ipomoea-digitata-Delhi-2.jpg

Balkar Arya

23 Sept 2010, 2:44:03 pm23/09/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan Ji
not reported from Haryana yet
I think i should try to get it
Pls let me know whether it is ornamental?

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Oudhia

23 Sept 2010, 2:45:24 pm23/09/10
to efloraofindia
Next time please try to collect underground part of this important herb. It is valuable medicine for family members of all age group.

 Thanks for sharing.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Balkar Arya

23 Sept 2010, 2:47:45 pm23/09/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Dear Oudhia ji
pls detailed us about its medicinal value

Pankaj Oudhia

23 Sept 2010, 3:05:49 pm23/09/10
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

23 Sept 2010, 3:25:34 pm23/09/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
It is grown over wall in a house in Rajouri Garden. I did not find this unique plant (thick stems, digitate leaves) anywhere else. There was a lot of discussion on this plant in our group, many suggesting I. batayas, but I was never convinced.