Kalatope id al220311b

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 22, 2011, 12:38:48 PM3/22/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends
Last one for tonight...

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude I've seen it from 2500 - 2000 mt
Habit tree
Habitat wild
Height 10-15 mt ( at least)

Regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 25, 2011, 1:25:36 PM3/25/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
could this be Persea sp. ?
Regards
Alok

manudev madhavan

Mar 26, 2011, 12:02:53 AM3/26/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
This could be a member of Lauraceae family.
Flower seems to have basifixed anthers, dehiscing by longitudinal
valves (opening from base to apex). Probably some species of
Ltsea...??

regards

--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Mahadeswara

Mar 26, 2011, 12:22:48 AM3/26/11
to efloraofindia
This is not Persea. I am sure. I uploaded the Persea americana a few
months back. This could be one of the Litsea species (L.manopetala?).

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 26, 2011, 12:59:43 AM3/26/11
to Mahadeswara, Alok & Isabelle, efloraofindia
I think it could be Neolitsea dealbata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2011, 8:26:59 PM7/4/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, Tapas Chakrabarty, manudev madhavan, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This could be a member of Lauraceae family.

Flower seems to have basifixed anthers, dehiscing by longitudinal
valves (opening from base to apex). Probably some species of
Ltsea...??

regards
Manudev K Madhavan”

“This is not Persea. I am sure. I uploaded the Persea americana  a few
months back.  This could be one of the Litsea species (L.manopetala?).” from Mahadeswara ji.

“I think it could be Neolitsea dealbata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg

J.M. Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1725 members & 85,000 messages on 30/9/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species).

DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 30, 2014, 4:32:52 AM1/30/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, manudev madhavan, Alok Mahendroo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This could be a member of Lauraceae family.
Flower seems to have basifixed anthers, dehiscing by longitudinal valves (opening from base to apex). Probably some species of Ltsea...??

regards
Manudev K Madhavan”

“This is not Persea. I am sure. I uploaded the Persea americana a few
months back. This could be one of the Litsea species (L.manopetala?).” from Mahadeswara ji.

“I think it could be Neolitsea dealbata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Neolitsea is not a native of India. Is it cultivated ?- from me.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2200 members & 1,78,400 messages on 31/12/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).

DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2014, 11:30:25 PM2/5/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, manudev madhavan, Alok Mahendroo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This could be a member of Lauraceae family.
Flower seems to have basifixed anthers, dehiscing by longitudinal valves (opening from base to apex). Probably some species of Ltsea...??
regards
Manudev K Madhavan”

“This is not Persea. I am sure. I uploaded the Persea americana a few
months back. This could be one of the Litsea species (L.manopetala?).” from Mahadeswara ji.

“I think it could be Neolitsea dealbata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Neolitsea dealbata is not a native of India. Is it cultivated ?- from me.

Feb 6, 2014, 6:21:02 AM2/6/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo
Here is a comment from my friend Robi, who working on South Indian Lauraceae

"Dear Manu,
This is belongs to the genus Actinodaphne and most probably A. hookeri Meissn.
Thank you for sharing me the photographs and whatever you feel problematic in Lauraceae u can send.

Regards
Robi
(Lauraceae -South India Project)"
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Senior Research Fellow

JM Garg

Oct 5, 2017, 4:54:49 AM10/5/17
to efloraofindia
Looks different from images at Actinodaphne hookeri Meisn.
DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 11, 2017, 1:48:41 AM10/11/17
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, M Swamy

Oct 17, 2017, 4:33:45 AM10/17/17
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, M Swamy, manudev madhavan, GurcharanSingh
DSCN6082.jpg
DSCN6085.jpg
DSCN6089.jpg