Flowering of trees

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2008, 10:22:16 PM3/6/08
to indiantreepix
Following trees are also now flowering in Kolkata:

Erythrina variegata (Indian or variegated Coral Tree, Tiger's Claw, Sunshine
Tree, Mandara, Pangra or Tota
)-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythrina_variegata

Butea monosperma (syn. Butea frondosa, Erythrina monosperma, Plaso
monosperma): (
Palash, Dhak, Flame of the Forest,*Bengal kino, Bastard
teak, Tesu, Kesu or Parrot Tree
)-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butea_monosperma

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

satish phadke

Mar 7, 2008, 10:09:01 AM3/7/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
They have started flowering here also In Pune Maharashtra.
Also seen flowering is one variety of pink cassia .....don't know whether it is Cassia javanica? I suppose.Pink Tabebuia  is also in flowering stage for last 3 weeks or so. and the yellow variety T.argentia is now in full bloom
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Phadke

satish phadke

Mar 7, 2008, 10:11:41 AM3/7/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Erythrina stricta or (BOOCH PANGARA in Marathi) is also flowering for last 10-15 days more seen in open countryside rather than in city. Its bark is rough with ridges as against smooth of E. variegata or E. indica
--
Dr. Satish Phadke

Neil Soares

Mar 7, 2008, 1:39:00 PM3/7/08
to satish phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satish,
Erythrina suberosa is flowering rather profusely
now-a-days.It has a corky,deeply fissured bark. In
E.stricta the bark is covered with prickles as opposed
to E.indica which has a yellowish or greyish green
bark which peels off in papery flakes.
Regards,
Neil.

--- satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Erythrina stricta or (BOOCH PANGARA in Marathi) is
> also flowering for last
> 10-15 days more seen in open countryside rather than
> in city. Its bark is
> rough with ridges as against smooth of E. variegata
> or E. indica
>
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:39 PM, satish phadke
> <phadke...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > They have started flowering here also In Pune
> Maharashtra.
> > Also seen flowering is one variety of pink cassia
> .....don't know whether
> > it is Cassia javanica? I suppose.Pink Tabebuia is
> also in flowering stage
> > for last 3 weeks or so. and the yellow variety
> T.argentia is now in full
> > bloom
> > Satish
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM, J.M. Garg
> <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Following trees are also now flowering in
> Kolkata:
> > >

> > > *Erythrina variegata* (*Indian or variegated

> Coral Tree, Tiger's Claw,
> > > Sunshine

> > > Tree, Mandara, Pangra or Tota*)-
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythrina_variegata
> > >
> > > *Shisham* (*Dalbergia sissoo*)-
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalbergia_sissoo
> > >
> > > *Butea monosperma (syn. Butea frondosa,
> Erythrina monosperma, Plaso
> > > monosperma): (**Palash, Dhak, Flame of the
> Forest,*Bengal kino, Bastard
> > > teak, Tesu, Kesu or Parrot Tree*)-

> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butea_monosperma
> > >
> > > --
> > > With regards,
> > > J.M.Garg
> > > "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> > > For learning about our trees & plants, please
> visit/ join Google e-group
> > > (Indiantreepix)
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
> > > For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Lanscape
> pictures etc., visit

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

> > --
> > Dr. Satish Phadke
>

> --
> Dr. Satish Phadke

Be a better friend, newshound, and

satish phadke

Mar 8, 2008, 2:15:32 AM3/8/08
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Corky in Marathi is BOOCH so the one I am talking about might be Erythrina suberosa.Mostly I have seen its trees  comparatively shorter in height as compared to E. stricta which is also seen outside city area. E. indica with greenish bark is commonly seen in Pune city........... last few years it was not flowering due to supposedly because of viral infection.Last year some flowers were observed but this year the scenario is still better with more number of flowers being observed. This was discussed probably earlier......any further comments welcome !!
--
Dr. Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2008, 1:59:15 AM3/10/08