Plant for ID 04/05/2008 SMP5 Pune

satish phadke

May 5, 2008, 9:18:38 AM5/5/08
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Again not very uncommon shrub ...........spotted near Bhor Pune....many such shrubs seen by road side.
No leaves only flowers seen.
Not sure of Id
Satish

--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
DSCN9579.JPG

Pravin Kawale

May 5, 2008, 10:55:35 AM5/5/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Hi,
It is Indian paveta
Local marathi name : Papdil
Thanks

oikos

May 7, 2008, 12:56:48 AM5/7/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
This must be Phapat, common in western ghat regions mainly in open patches. Flowers are used as vegetable. See the attached calendar for more details.

5 - 2007.jpg

satish phadke

May 7, 2008, 8:59:51 AM5/7/08
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Thanks all.
This is Pavetta crassicaulis(Syn.Pavetta indica) a common shrub of Sahyadris.
I was knowing it but when I asked the local villager nearby he told me that it is Kuda. Very often you get correct local names of the plants from nearby residents but sometimes the can mislead also.
This plant has association with a lot of insects and butterflies..........Very imporatant !!
Satish

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:48 PM, satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/