Suggestion to members

Skip to the first unread message

Selvalakshmi Selvaraj

10 Sept 2010, 9:30:16 am10/09/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Flowers of India, Tabish Qureshi, Vijayasankar

Dear Sir,

Could you please provide the short key to identify these Phyllanthus Sp.
And one suggestion to the members. It will be useful for the beginners of Taxonomy if they could include the family and short key to identify morphologically of known and identified plants.(Some persons may not have flora and there will be different key in different floras.

--
Selvalakshmi S.
Doctoral Scholar,

formp...@yahoo.com

10 Sept 2010, 10:16:30 am10/09/10
to Selvalakshmi Selvaraj, indian...@googlegroups.com, tanay bose, Flowers of India, Tabish Qureshi, Vijayasankar
Dineshji has akready send a series of Phylanthus about 4 to 5 months back. Must be on the site.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Selvalakshmi Selvaraj <neva...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:00:16 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: tanay bose<tanay...@gmail.com>; Flowers of India<flowers...@gmail.com>; Tabish Qureshi<tab...@gmail.com>; Vijayasankar<vijay.b...@gmail.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:47110] Suggestion to members

Dinesh Valke

10 Sept 2010, 11:08:03 am10/09/10
to formp...@yahoo.com, Selvalakshmi Selvaraj, indian...@googlegroups.com, tanay bose, Flowers of India, Tabish Qureshi, Vijayasankar
Thank you very much, Madhuri ji ... indeed there are quite a few good threads on Phyllanthus.

Selvalakshmi ji, ... your request looks good to most of us, especially to those who attempt to identify plants with or without knowledge of botany / taxonomy ... however, implementing it would be possible for those who have (in-depth) knowledge of identification ... plus, a major parameter: they must have time available for such exercise.

Adding the family name would be easy (but that would not resolve your request).
We may refine the request to putting keys, if there is / are species very (or confusingly) close to each other.

Here are links to two posts, which are related to keys of Phyllanthus:

http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/6057a7af8d113d8f?hl=en
... this one has keys prepared by Vijayasankar ji in PDF

http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/ad55c3e2c83b9367?hl=en
... this is one of Phyllanthus series of posts by me, includes a compilation of keys from eflora (Flora of China)
... this does not contain all the species found in our country.
... Vijayasankar ji keeps posting more and more novel species ... only he should have the keys to them !!! :)

Regards.