Thare tree sporting young leaves

raghu ananth

Mar 7, 2008, 7:55:50 AM3/7/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Local Name: Thare
Terminalia Belarica
Combretaceae

My native, Krishnaraj Nagar or KR Nagar for short is a small, prosperous town and new developments take place every day – more and more RCC houses, huge shops, residents moving around in swanky cars. But, just a few kms away on the town outskirts, it bears the unmistakable stamp of the rural landscape – fields filled with the crops of the season with the water flowing merrily in the small bunds constructed inside it. Huge trees alongside the road or bordering the fields make nice resting places for birds and humans too. And of course a bullock cart ambles along the road sometimes ferrying people or sometimes laden with pumpkins or whatever produce the farmer has harvested.

Near one such field filled with paddy and which also houses a small pond, we saw the lovely Thare tree sporting young leaves which were a curious mixture of red, yellow and brown. A riot of colors if ever there was one! And resting high up on the tree were some black ibis birds.

Ah! It’s the magic of spring. Dare I do a jig?
For slightly better resolution check

 Sunita / Raghu

PS: Wikipedia link not available

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Click here.
ThareTreea-c.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 8, 2008, 7:16:51 AM3/8/08
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely description, Raghu ji.
Even other good links will do, but you can't copy the contents from their & paste in your mail.

On 3/7/08, raghu ananth <ragh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Lanscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara Swamy

Mar 8, 2008, 11:15:49 PM3/8/08
to raghu ananth, treepix Indian
Attn Raghu,
Are you share it is T. bellerica. Can you send a close up photograph of the tree with flowers so that the identification can be confirmed. Send a photograph of  fruits  in due course.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy

raghu ananth

Mar 11, 2008, 12:14:00 AM3/11/08
to Mahadeswara Swamy, treepix Indian
Dr. Mahadeshwar,

Here are the leaves of the same tree.
Could not reduce the tree photograph with flowers to less than 150K. size. Hope you will still be able to see the same in

Regards
Raghu

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.. Click here.
ThareTree-leave-Size80.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 11, 2008, 1:17:19 AM3/11/08
to raghu ananth, Mahadeswara Swamy, treepix Indian