Wild Flower for ID-091009-RK-1

ranjini kamath

Oct 9, 2009, 2:00:16 AM10/9/09
to indiatreepix
Sorry for picture quality.Please id this if possible.Bannarghatta
Forest-04-10-09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_5726-ph-1.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Oct 9, 2009, 2:48:35 AM10/9/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
... two wild shots: ¿ Exacum ? OR ¿ Osbeckia ?
Regards.

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 9, 2009, 4:06:52 AM10/9/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
This is Osbeckia sp.

Santhosh

2009/10/9 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Satish Phadke

Oct 9, 2009, 5:42:28 AM10/9/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
If the flowers are very small .............a cm or so
It is Exacum petiolare from Gentianaceae

2009/10/9 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

ranjini kamath

Oct 9, 2009, 8:06:22 AM10/9/09
to Satish Phadke, indiatreepix
Satish ji This is definitely much more than a cm across.I do not
remember the diameter exactly.Will make it a point to note size of
flowers next time i take a pic
Regards
.

Dinesh Valke

Oct 9, 2009, 9:16:46 AM10/9/09
to ranjini kamath, Satish Phadke, indiatreepix, Dr Santhosh Kumar
... much more than 1 cm -- please check species of Osbeckia (Santhosh ji points out too) OR Melastoma.
Regards.

Satish Phadke

Oct 9, 2009, 10:24:20 AM10/9/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Ranjini ji
Sorry I don't remember the exact size of Exacum petiolare.
But the flowers appear to be the same.
Please refer to an earlier link on Indiantreepix.
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/eccf547d56046c56/c35c7121893b56bc?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=exacum#c35c7121893b56bc
Satish Phadke

2009/10/9 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 9, 2009, 1:51:54 PM10/9/09
to Satish Phadke, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Sathish Ji,

This is without any doubt an Osbeckia sp. You see a stellate calyx behind the flowers.

Santhosh

ranjini kamath

Oct 10, 2009, 12:42:27 AM10/10/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiatreepix
Hello all After going thro' Tabish ji's www.flowersofindia.net
,got the id of this flower. Starry Osbeckia or Osbeckia
stellata.Petals,buds,leaves,all match.Thanks everyone for helping out!
Ranjini Kamath