13/11/10/YRP/1

Skip to the first unread message

Yazdy Palia

13 Nov 2010, 11:54:48 am13/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends, perhaps one of the pollinating agents?
Date & Time 13/11/10
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Climber
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts- White in colour, 75 mm in diameter.
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 1 picture.

DSCN4170.JPG

DSCN4170.JPG

raghu ananth

13 Nov 2010, 1:22:39 pm13/11/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com

Could this climber be a Rivea hypocrateriformis,

7 Dec 2010, 6:31:39 am07/12/10
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, raghu ananth, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Ron_Convolvulaceae

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could this climber be a Rivea hypocrateriformis” from Raghu ji.

“I think Raghu Ji is correct this plant can be
Rivea hypocrateriformis
” from Tanay ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN4170.JPG

Ron_Convolvulaceae

7 Dec 2010, 1:19:24 pm07/12/10
to efloraofindia

On Dec 7, 6:31 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “*Could this climber be a Rivea hypocrateriformis*” from Raghu ji.
>
> “I think Raghu Ji is correct this plant *can be
> Rivea hypocrateriformis*” from Tanay ji.

Hello,

My impression is that the vine section in flower is that of
Ipomoea alba and not Rivea hypocrateriformis.

The frontal view of the flower alone is too similar to Ipomoea alba to
differentiate from Rivea hypocrateriformis with any definitive
certainty
http://indiantreepix.googlegroups.com/attach/f38502dd0909569c/tn_Rivea+hypocrateriformis14.JPG?view=1&part=5&hl=en

sepals and fruit are often required to arrive at a definitive ID...
http://indiantreepix.googlegroups.com/attach/f38502dd0909569c/tn_Rivea+hypocrateriformis5.JPG?view=1&part=6&hl=en

The upper lobes of the leaves on Rivea hypocrateriformis are more
consistently rounded than I.alba which often develops various
curvatures and angulations
The young and distal growth of Rivea seems to be covered with what
looks to be a very fine light colored felt (similar in appearance to
some of the Argyreia and Stictocardia) which is never present on
Ipomoea alba
http://indiantreepix.googlegroups.com/attach/f38502dd0909569c/tn_Rivea+hypocrateriformis13.JPG?view=1&part=4&hl=en

regards,

Ron