Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week: Verbenaceae-Citharexylum spinosum

raman

Jul 7, 2011, 11:38:52 PM7/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Spiny Fiddlewood Tree - Citharexylum spinosum

Ulsoor Lake Bangalore

Spiny Fiddlewood Tree - Flower.jpg
Spiny Fiddlewood Tree - 0000.jpg
Spiny Fiddlewood Tree - Canopy.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Jul 9, 2011, 2:31:19 AM7/9/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
Dear Raman ji:

Wonderful... now I am sure what my unknown neighbor tree is...
photographed last month but did know where to begin to ID it...
my dad used to call it Manjari... but had no idea about its botanical
ID ......
now I read all that I could lay my hands on including the wiki and
A P Benthall's Trees of Calcutta, a 1946 book...!!!
and lo and behold...its listed and described in detail...
at the end of the day I' ll return from class and upload my pics...
Thank you....
Love it...
Usha di