valeriana jatamansi... id 240210

Skip to the first unread message

Alok & Isabelle

24 Feb 2011, 6:20:18 am24/02/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Here are the photos of what I had put together with Valeriana hardwickii
by mistake. Thanks to Amit ji, Pankaj ji and Gurcharan ji for
corrections.
Amit ji also suggested this to be V. jatamansi.

Kalatop, Chamba
Altitude 2100 mts
herb
wild
height 5 inches
Season: february

Sincere regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

dscn5106.jpg
dscn5021.jpg
dscn5123.jpg
dscn5023.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

25 Feb 2011, 8:24:21 am25/02/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Really nice photographs, Alok ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok

25 Feb 2011, 8:43:59 am25/02/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you sir,
Coming from a person of your experience ... feels good!!
sincere regards
Alok

On Feb 25, 6:24 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really nice photographs, Alok ji
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

26 Feb 2011, 11:30:42 am26/02/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Dear Alok sir
Thanks a lot for sharing the pics. Accept my apologies for being
incorrect. I overlooked!!
I am also thankful that you have been following the pics with relevant
details now a days.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Alok & Isabelle

26 Feb 2011, 12:07:09 pm26/02/11
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks to all of you Pankaj ji, for teaching me relevant lessons... the
photos taken earlier were not with the idea of identification.. but just
to document the beauty around me... and slowly identification became a
hobby... I assure you the flowers I document now will be with more
details... if I miss.. I am sure someone will be ready to pull my
ears...
That's a good way to learn.. :))
sincere regards
Alok

Pankaj Kumar

26 Feb 2011, 12:05:38 pm26/02/11
to Alok & Isabelle, efloraofindia
I always say, BEST WAY IS TO TAKE MULTIPLE PICTURES FROM MULTIPLE
ANGLES. You never know what you may miss.
But still people tend to take picture of relevant parts.
I will give you one simple example with orchids.
Orchids have been categorized on the basis of number of pollinia which
are concealed in the flower. Even if you take 1000 pictures you you
cant count the number of pollinia, unless you take them out and see
and this makes our task really tough.
Pankaj