Solanaceae Week: Solanum lycopersicum var. cerasiforme the cherry tomato

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

4 Apr 2011, 9:17:30 am04/04/11
to efloraofindia
Solanum lycopersicum var. cerasiforme (Dunal) D.M. Spooner, G.J. Anderson & R.K. Jansen
syn: Solanum cerasiforme Dunal

This small fruited cherry size tomato is very popular in USA, served in salads and toppings. Photographed from California

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Solanum-lycopersicum-cerasiforme-California-1.jpg
Solanum-lycopersicum-cerasiforme-California-2.jpg

tanay bose

4 Apr 2011, 9:48:15 am04/04/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice cherry tomatoes Sir Ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Phadke

5 Apr 2011, 8:27:20 am05/04/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks for the detailed info.
I remember eating them last year in California.
They taste marvelous.
I tried similar sized tomatoes in local market in India but they sour.
Dr Phadke