efloraofindia:''Id 25092011MR4’’ Lantana Pune

Skip to the first unread message

Madhuri Raut

25 Sept 2011, 9:27:36 am25/09/11
to efloraofindia
Sharing pictures of Lantana in a private garden at Pune
Regards
Bhagyashri
Lantena.jpg
Lanatna240920111898.jpg
Lantana240920111896.jpg
Lantana240920111897.jpg
Lantena1.jpg
Lantena2.jpg
Lantena3.jpg
Lantena4.jpg

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 10:25:59 am25/09/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I think Lantana camara var. aculeata
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

25 Sept 2011, 1:30:10 pm25/09/11
to efloraofindia

yes... Bhagyashri... seeds of these lantana came a bit earlier, but in
large quantities with the congress grass seeds and the ergot... so as"
gifts ' when we as a country were poor in managing our own resources
and poor in management of imports... it displaces native flora.. and
has been classified as a noxious weed by many countries around the
world...

but there is an NGO in the southern states that is teaching some
tribals to make furniture from its woods... in april or may this year
there was some write up about it here in eflora/indiatreepix. if
you choose to research...
and if you do.. please post the url for the thread here in your
thread... so even I can re-read it...

I think it was written by a lady journalist...
cant remember her name though...
Usha di

=====