Solanum ¿ erianthum OR pubescens ?

Dinesh Valke

Oct 10, 2009, 8:43:18 AM10/10/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends,

... herbaceous shrub growing wild along roadside, about a metre high, unarmed.
Most probably it could be Solanum erianthum OR S. pubescens OR could be else.
ID please.
Place: Ghodbunder Road, near Versova
Date: 10 OCT 09

Regards.
P1060589.jpg
P1060591.jpg
P1060590.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2009, 1:13:12 AM11/8/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Hi, Dinesh ji,
I think Solanum erianthum D. Don (syn. Solanum verbascifolium L.) as per details from Indiantreepix Database:
However, wait for more confirmation.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 23, 2010, 5:51:40 AM2/23/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Resurfacing this post of ID query.

Garg ji says:
I think Solanum erianthum D. Don (syn. Solanum verbascifolium L.) as per details from Indiantreepix Database ...

Regards.
P1060589.jpg
P1060591.jpg
P1060590.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 23, 2010, 6:36:36 AM2/23/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes Dinesh ji
Appears so as per keys in both Eflora of China as well as Pakistan

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Feb 25, 2010, 12:11:32 AM2/25/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
... commonly known as: big eggplant, China flowerleaf, Indian currant tomato, mullein nightshade, potato tree, tobacco tree, velvet nightshade • Garo: khimkha nagong • Hindi: बन तमाखू ban tamakhu • Khasi: dieng sohmon niangkodong • Manipuri: লম খামেন lam khamen • Marathi: कुत्री kutri • Tamil: ஆனைச்சுண்டை anai-c-cuntai, சுண்டை cuntai, மலைச்சுண்டை malai-c-cuntai

Regards.